IGNORED

k tires

bignate

85 k100rs.. if you had to choose between michelin macadam 50 and bridgestone battlax bt-45, which would you choose and why?

nate

85 k100rs.. if you had to choose between michelin macadam 50 and bridgestone battlax bt-45, which would you choose and why?

I have an '86 K100RT. My present set of tires are Macadams. But I was choosing between Metzeler Lasertec (front)/ME880 (rear), and the Macadams. I was disappointed in tehwear I got from the previous ME880 on the rear, and I heard some good things about the Macadams from a friend who used them.

I never considered the Bridgestones.

By the way, I went a size up on both front and back, and am quite happy with this. Front is Macadam 50E 110/80-V18 and the rear is 140/80-V17. For a touring tire, they seem to stick pretty well, and in the wet seem quite decent also. I have had them on the bike for 9 months now (I ride every day to work) and they seem to be wearing quite well.

By the way, I phone-ordered them from Motorcycle Pro Shop

http://www.motorcycleproshop.com

They had excellent prices, shipped the next day, and charge only $9 to ship Michelins.

Bob.

only reason i ask is because i'm going to need to put on new tires for this summer.. i had mac 50's on the bike when i bought it 3 years ago, they did a well enough job i suppose. they wore pretty well, after 3 years the rear is worn to dangerous levels and the front is about 3/4 gone (hence the need for new tires). don't know too much about bike tires, as this will be the first set i'm buying of my own accord.. from what i've read and experienced with the macs i've narrowed it down to these 2 choices in bias.

i'm not a tire guru by any means, especially when it comes to bikes, so i don't know what the advantages/issues would be as far as changing sizes, what would work/fit, etc. i'm currently running a mac 50e 110/80/18 front and a mac 50 140/80/17 rear.

was also curious about the possibility of going to radial, although i've been told it's not a good idea on my particular bike. the bridgestones are a little cheaper than the macs, maybe i'll try them out.

nate

I have run both on my 91 k100rs, I get better mileage and wet performance with the Michelins. The Michelins seem to stick better on wet roads.

Dale

Archived