IGNORED

Contact BMW Motorrad

TEWKS

Does anybody have an email address for BMW Motorrad? I have some time today and want to put in a request for 2020. ;) (ps...they don't officially take requests) :grin: I tried this address but it wouldn't send. :dontknow:

CustomerService@bmwmotorcycles.com.

thanks

Thanks Pad, it keeps coming up "invalid address". No biggie, they probably won't listen anyway. :dontknow: 

Call this number and ask.  800-831-1117 for Customer Relations  Let us know what you find out.

• Like 1

So I called and navigated my way to a person. Very nice but basically said what I already knew. BMW doesn't take styling requests. Now I was given a new email and told I was welcomed to send in my thoughts but he couldn't confirm it would go anywhere. 

The new email was also a dud. :dontknow:

Customer relations@bmwusa.com

He said it was two words which I guess, it's still two just mashed together. I will try that! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

He said it was two words which I guess, it's still two just mashed together. I will try that! :thumbsup:

Probably to emphasize the two Rs together in the middle: customeRRelations.

• Like 1

Nailed it Paul! Thank you! :clap: Now let's see if I get my 2020 Black, GSA Exclusive!  :yes:

Edit...Just came back "Permanent error" :computer:  Oh well, thanks again everyone!

haha Their block that TEWKS filter was offline for a moment.  All fixed and back to your MAILER-DAEMON  failures

• Haha 1

I had a service problem a couple years ago, and the dealer had to get BMW technicians involved to get it fixed.  Bike was under warranty and BMW paid for towing and trip interruption.  After it was all done, I called the BMW US number and asked to speak to someone who could give me more information about what the BMW technicians had to do.  I was told that I couldn't speak to anybody, and when I asked to speak to the person on the phone's supervisor I was told there was no supervisor to speak to.  They apparently aren't interested in dealing with the people who buy their machines.

Seems bizarre that they don't want a direct feed from their customers. Even if just an electronic suggestion box. :dontknow: 

I think there is a certain amount of legal CYA involved.  If they listen to a suggestion from an individual, and then independently build something similar, the individual might claim the idea was "stolen" and sue for compensation.  If BMW listens to customers at all, it is probably through anonymous group surveys or maybe dealer feedback (with a legal agreement of no compensation).

The 2020 (and maybe 2021) designs are probably locked in already, with suppliers producing parts now.  

• Like 1
On 5/5/2019 at 6:08 PM, TEWKS said:

Seems bizarre that they don't want a direct feed from their customers. Even if just an electronic suggestion box. :dontknow: 

Maybe they didn't like the feedback. 

• Haha 1

TEWKS, they are already roaming free in your head.

Anytime you go on their website and do a build your own bike, that data is used to spot trends and it can even help set pricing if they are sophisticated about it.  As for future yet to be type information, a more controlled environment like consumer panels which would likely be broken up in specific areas of interest and include riders who never owned a BMW.  For sure they are monitoring the big social media platforms and It wouldn't surprise me if they lurked on dedicated BMW owners groups like this one as well.

That said having some level digital contact us channel would at least feign that they give a rats ass about their consumer, even if it got an automated generic thank you with a disclaimer to this not being the way to contact BMW concerning a safety issue.

• 1 month later...
Colorado Jeff

I had issues with a Motorad dealer, so I contacted all the top BMW Motorad execs by looking them up on LinkedIn.  Got their names, looked at press releases to figure out how they format their email addresses, sent them an email.  Some went through, some didn't, but got a response.  Easy, peasy.