IGNORED

You can not fix stupid or make this stuff up

Road rage typically doesn't end well and it may have cost this guy a scrambled noodle.  We don't know the full story, but even if she did something to set that rider off, it is always better to keep your calm and put distance between the vehicle of concern.

The stupid ones where I admit to some Schadenfreude are the street stunting hooligans that go down w/o causing harm to others.

It sounds like she wasn't driving as fast as he wanted, so he passed her on the right. Riders older than 21 are not required to wear a helmet in Texas if they have successfully completed a motorcycle operator training and safety course, or can prove they have sufficient insurance coverage. Dollars to times this guy wasn't wearing a helmet. It sounds like he may qualify for a Darwin Award. https://darwinawards.com/darwin/

Oldironken

One must learn to not be ruled by emotions when operating anything more complicated than a yo-yo.  Even then caution should be used.

Unskilled loud pipe 'biker' took his hand off the bars and had to "lay er down." Nothing to see here - move along...  :)

Sounds to me like a blow to his head won't do much damage in this case. Unfortunately the damage done to the public perception of all on two-wheels is far greater.

Joe Frickin' Friday
On 5/2/2019 at 8:04 AM, Oldironken said:

One must learn to not be ruled by emotions when operating anything more complicated than a yo-yo.  Even then caution should be used.

Pretty much sums it up.  The whole thing reminds me of this now-famous botched pass in Deals Gap by another impatient rider many years ago:

• Like 2
John Ranalletta

..and, the answer to the lady's question is two-fold: target fixation and no cornering skills (to name just two).

• Like 1
greiffster

..and the rider hit the throttle hard to quickly make a blind pass and it stood the bike right up.

Both fools shot past the van and then floated the rear tire with the rear brake. The only thing that saved fool #2 from going into the gorge is he actually locked the rear wheel which changed his line for the better. Maybe more frozen panic than target fixation as neither got off the rear brake and committed to the lean angle needed to negotiate the turn.

Texas again, huh?  That's where Mr Crum was sentenced to 15yrs for intentionally running a 2up motorcycle off the road, and when asked about it on video shortly thereafter, said "I don't care".