IGNORED

Nav 3 sound?

MBrockman5

I have an 07 r1200rt with the factory radio/CD player & Motorrad Nav 3 unit. I was wondering where the Navigation sound comes from. I turned the unit's volume up to 100% and tried the stereo volume, but still nothing.

9 hours ago, MBrockman5 said:

I have an 07 r1200rt with the factory radio/CD player & Motorrad Nav 3 unit. I was wondering where the Navigation sound comes from. I turned the unit's volume up to 100% and tried the stereo volume, but still nothing.

Morning MBrockman5

Did you get a Nav 3 owners manual? If so then  setting up the sound output should be in there.

Have you gone into the Audio menu (settings/General/Audio) then under Audio  'turn on vocal guidance prompts', or set it to only give vocal prompts when you press the 'SPEAK' (speaker) key.

See if this online PDF manual will help__

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk/pdfs/BMWMotorradNavigatorIII_OwnersManual.pdf

Thank you for the link. I purchased this bike used from a gentleman in Novato CA on 31 March and it didn't come with the Nav manual. I'll read it over and do some experimenting and see what I can find. Thank you

Still nothing... I tried going through the settings and couldn't figure it out. 

I noticed what appears to be 2 small round speakers (about 1.5 - 2 inch dia.) below the stereo speakers next to the gauges. Are these part of the radio (tweeters), or something else?

9 hours ago, MBrockman5 said:

Still nothing... I tried going through the settings and couldn't figure it out. 

I noticed what appears to be 2 small round speakers (about 1.5 - 2 inch dia.) below the stereo speakers next to the gauges. Are these part of the radio (tweeters), or something else?

Morning MBrockman5

I haven't worked with a nav 3 in a long time now but the last one I did work with I ran it through a Bluetooth headset.

To get (navigational)  sound out of that nav 3 I believe that you are going to need to use either a Bluetooth receiver, or a wired ear bud, or figure out how to get it to go through your bike's radio, or use a car base with built in speaker.

Do you have an active route selected & are riding it (or getting ready to ride it)?  Without an active route selected it won't have much to say to you.

Can you can post a picture of the radio speakers in question.

MBrockman5

These speakers. I wasn't sure if they're tweeters or what, but I figured with the "already small size" speakers above that there would be no use for the highs produced by a tweeters.

20190430_213913.jpg

dirtrider
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:43 AM, MBrockman5 said:

These speakers. I wasn't sure if they're tweeters or what, but I figured with the "already small size" speakers above that there would be no use for the highs produced by a tweeters.

Morning MBrockman5

Sorry, somehow I missed your reply.

Yes, that is part of the factory speaker  system (tweeter part).

q7Trgw6.jpg

MBrockman5

Ok. Thanks. 

One thing that I should have (but haven't) checked, is whether or not my phone being connected via Bluetooth plays any part in this issue. I don't have speakers/Comm. in my helmet and I rarely use my plug-in earplugs (only 2 hours, one day a week). I'll have to try it with my phone disconnected and see if that does anything. 

• 2 weeks later...