IGNORED

Dallas Half Mile

Rinkydink

Enjoyed a weekend of my favorite sport...American Flat-Track. Awesome racing and awesome weather. A few pics from the pits. First pic is Shayna Texter meeting veteran racer Terry Poovey. 

Next is my watermelon head with Shayna,  then Brad Baker and Jared Mees. Fun fun fun. 

Find a race in your area and attend. Me thinks you will thoroughly enjoy it. 

331C3E61-1B14-4C12-A6E7-2EF066176AE4.jpeg

83F8CB55-9CDD-49C6-9AE7-2C65FF8C7A62.jpeg

B8F1172F-2D55-4055-80E5-388DCCA2B5DB.jpeg

6D625231-EBBC-4E82-BDE4-EC95CD927D92.jpeg

• Like 2
roadscholar

I went to flat track at the little bullring behind Daytona Community College for years and it was cool but it didn't prepare me for the first time seeing a half mile at Ashland, Ohio, just amazing! You could stand next to the fence and get sprayed with 75mph dirt, could not believe those guys. A mile must be insane.  :eek: 

Ok just came across this youtube, good stuff but it's not like being there. And damn that woman is smooth!

• Like 1

That video is of a mile track I believe. It is much more intense in person. NASCAR pales in comparison to the drafting happening in the mile tracks. It is truly motorcycle ballet at 140mph. 

Back it in baby!  Well, at least on short tracks and ice ovals of any size.

Any size oval track motorcycle racing is something to see live and mile tracks are amazing for the speed.  I even like indoor on coke syrup mopped cement, but that is all about the start and not making a mistake.  The part that makes motorcycles on ovals so exciting is you can get three abreast in the groove where stock cars are follow the leader.  Midgets and sprint cars can be pretty exciting too.  NASCAR...Yawn, I'd rather watch rally car racing in the EU.

On 4/22/2019 at 8:15 PM, roadscholar said:

I went to flat track at the little bullring behind Daytona Community College for years and it was cool but it didn't prepare me for the first time seeing a half mile at Ashland, Ohio, just amazing! You could stand next to the fence and get sprayed with 75mph dirt, could not believe those guys. A mile must be insane.  :eek: 

Ok just came across this youtube, good stuff but it's not like being there. And damn that woman is smooth!

That was FANTASTIC!!!!

Now...She definitely does NOT ride like a girl! :grin: Ok, where's that little duck & cover guy? :D