IGNORED

R1150RT left bar radio control is loose

RogPodge

Can anyone tell be how to tighten the handlebar radio control on the R1150RT?  I can see screw threads are exposed between the radio control part and the left bar brake fluid reservoir but cannot figure out how to access the screw head which appears to be under the cover of the radio control. Clearly the screw has loosed up over time but I am at a loss of how to get inside the radio control cover.  I am thinking that cover somehow pops off but????????

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:54 AM, RogPodge said:

Can anyone tell be how to tighten the handlebar radio control on the R1150RT?  I can see screw threads are exposed between the radio control part and the left bar brake fluid reservoir but cannot figure out how to access the screw head which appears to be under the cover of the radio control. Clearly the screw has loosed up over time but I am at a loss of how to get inside the radio control cover.  I am thinking that cover somehow pops off but????????

Afternoon RogPodge

I might be a little help & I might not be.

It's been years since I removed/installed one of those handlebar radio controls so my info is questionable.

Isn't there a clip at the top & a small screw on the lower front of that switch pod (screw head facing forward)?

First,  try removing that screw,   if it still won't come apart then try inserting a thin screwdriver into the seam from the top then push down on screwdriver to deflect inner clip then see if the housing cover will unclip,    (I'll see if I can find a picture)

Hopefully someone that has actually done one of these  in the last 15 years will have better help.  

RoIdgRK.jpg

ArdVkZD.jpg

Thank you, I will look at this in the morning but the image you attached makes a lot of sense.  The screw that needs to be snugged up is absolutely correct. The screw you mentioned,   a small screw on the lower front of that switch pod (screw head facing forward)?  I did not see earlier but I will for sure check that as well..  Many thanks, I suspect this is going to help me a great deal. FINALLY time to ride again in northern Wisconsin.

Thank you Dirtrider. Your info was perfect. I never would have seen that little screw that needed to be backed out to get the cover off the radio controls but it is fixed and all back together.