IGNORED

What does it cost you to dispose of your used moto tires?

Twisties

I know, I know, the cheapest thing on a BMW is the rider.  As a corollary to this principle, I was shocked when our dump wanted $10.50 ea to take my used tires.  Called around and found somewhere that will take them for $4 ea.  Last time I took a load in I think it was maybe $1.50.  I've got about 30 of the things piled up, maybe 4-5 years worth.  Already have them posted on the local FB buy/sell groups and marketplace...  so far I got rid of one set that is only about half used.

If it burns white, burn during the day, if it burns black, burn during the night.......I'm not exactly an environmentalist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I just call the local City Hall, asked for bilk trash pickup and they will pick up 4 tires from the curb at no charge. 

I am sure that most cities have a collection site for tires, if not find a rubber mulch processor and send them there.

Or use them in your landscaping efforts.

• Like 1
szurszewski
3 hours ago, Bernie said:

I just call the local City Hall, asked for bilk trash pickup and they will pick up 4 tires from the curb at no charge. 

I am sure that most cities have a collection site for tires, if not find a rubber mulch processor and send them there.

Or use them in your landscaping efforts.

Portland would pick up a few at a time. Pretty conevenient. 

Joe Coastie

Ask your local farmer if he needs any tires.

Used tires are handy around farms.

Of course if you are unlucky enough to live in a city you are SOL.

$3 per tire, with or without rim.  I usually build up a load of stuff to go to the waste transfer station, and will take two or three sets at a time.  They also take hazardous waste for free (for the most part), so that works out pretty well.

$1.50/tire at local waste management site,they do have a free day coming up that I am waiting for,since it is a 45 min. drive one way.

JR356

Don’t know about your state but here in Texas, any tire seller will take them. I’ve paid from zero to $3 per tire. 

Regards,

Ron C.

RoanokeRider

The dealers are required to charge $5 per tire if you leave them there for disposal. Our trash transfers station is free for up to 4 at a time. This is in VA.

Rider1200RT

I have industrial dumpsters at my workplace so they go in there. Plenty of peeps outside of our warehouse/office areas illegally dump, who knows what, in them. Although  that diminished somewhat with the new security cameras installed.

My car mechanic, who I see almost on a monthly basis, (25yr tbird) takes my tires if I change them myself.  I did find a local shop to mount my new tires for $25 so now he disposes of them.  

4 hours ago, Rider1200RT said:

I have industrial dumpsters at my workplace so they go in there. Plenty of peeps outside of our warehouse/office areas illegally dump, who knows what, in them. Although  that diminished somewhat with the new security cameras installed.

One time at a place I worked at, somebody disposed of  a 24.5" truck tire in the 4 cu yard dumpster (unauthorized use) and the driver saw it before he was about to empty it.  He actually pulled it out and threw it on the ground before he tipped it back to empty, which was sort of dumb because it went right back into the empty skip to be on the bottom, covered up by a few days of garbage.  Next time the garbage truck came, the tire went away in their truck.  Oh, well.

We're supposed to be recycling those things these days.  Don't put them in the trash.  Pay the paltry sum and do it right.  You paid $300 for sooper dooper tires.  Now you're gonna squawk over the price of a six pack?

19 hours ago, elkroeger said:

We're supposed to be recycling those things these days.  Don't put them in the trash.  Pay the paltry sum and do it right.  You paid $300 for sooper dooper tires.  Now you're gonna squawk over the price of a six pack?

I pay more than that for a six pack...    Most towns will take a small number for free, if not, do the right thing and pay the fee.

• Like 1
Rider1200RT
On 4/27/2019 at 11:28 PM, elkroeger said:

The dumpsters go to the recycling part first as we have several workshops here from AC guys to a pool company and a cabinet maker. Sorry, should have made that point....:grin:

• Like 1