IGNORED

In Need Of Some UnRally Day Ride Ideas?

TEWKS

If you're looking for ideas on what to do and where to ride at this year's UN, take a look below. Let's meet at 8:00 AM with a Roll out at 8:30 AM from the main parking area at Dunham's.  :thumbsup: 

Sunday 6/23/19 

Arrival day at the UN with an afternoon run around the Great Sacandaga! Granted my ride in is only 5 hours. :grin:

Monday 6/24/19

Shorter route up to Lake Placid & Whiteface Mt. (BBQ Lunch)

Tuesday 6/25/19

GS style ride over to Heid's BMW. Hopefully a guided tour by Paul Heid himself. ( his availability is not guaranteed ) We will be back in time for the Dinner Cruise on Lake George and maybe even a ride to Shelving Rock Falls. :thumbsup:

Wednesday 6/26/19

This is the long route up to Whiteface Mt. Via Vermont. (approximately 350 miles round trip) with a swim at the Flume Falls in Wilmington NY. (A Burger Lunch at the Lake Placid Pub & Brewery) :lick:

Thursday 6/27/19

Ride to Tahawus to see an old iron blast furnace. Or a Bike and Hike Up Hurricane Mountain. TBD on the 26th at or about adult beverage time. :beer:

Friday 6/28/19

Depart for home :wave:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These look like great ideas... but I'm unable to convert any of these to KML (for use w/ Waze). Getting Data missing kind of errors... any ideas?

Wish I could help Woodie, but the tech stuff kicks my butt, most times. Heck, I had to use the old Mapsource program because Basecamp wasn't cooperating with me. :dopeslap:

Good luck, hope somebody can help.

• 1 month later...

Dave, hope you squared away vehicle parking after the UN. I wish I could help you out there but three months would wear me down keeping watch on your rig. Let's see, quads, scooters, bicycles, curious dogs, the occasional rock fight & bird turds. You know, all the typical vehicle hazards. :grin:

Ken, unless you plan on blasting up to Montreal, I think it's pretty unremarkable just across the border. Meaning it's just more of the same. But, fun to say you did it. :thumbsup: I rode up to Montreal in my early twenties and that's pretty much all I can say about that. :spittake:

Marty Hill

Having crossed that border several times on my bike I can say there is nothing to see or do other to say you did it.

Have fun!

Marty