IGNORED

exhaust question R1100RS

kcteun

I'm tryin to replace a dented muffler and cat on a 1995 R1100RS. I've seen some vendors list the same SKU for R1100 RS and R1100 RT. Some also list R1150 RS /RT with the same SKU. Does anyone know this to be accurate? If so, what modification is needed to fit a R1150 RS slip on so that it fits a R1100 RS?

Thanks

The BMW parts fiche shows that the muffler-cat part number,  18 12 1 341 495, is used on the R1100RT and the R1100RS, as well as the R850RT (ECE model).  A different part number is used on the 1150.  Don't know if someone has fitted one, but not interchangeable. 

11 hours ago, kcteun said:

I'm tryin to replace a dented muffler and cat on a 1995 R1100RS. I've seen some vendors list the same SKU for R1100 RS and R1100 RT. Some also list R1150 RS /RT with the same SKU. Does anyone know this to be accurate? If so, what modification is needed to fit a R1150 RS slip on so that it fits a R1100 RS?

Thanks

Morning kcteun

Having never tried to do what you are asking I can't directly answer your question so you will probably have to find someone that has done the swap or  find an 1150RS & measure things up.

The big thing that will keep confusing the issue when researching  (part number wise)  is the 1100 system came with  rear catalytic converter  hanger mount tabs welded to the rear of cat & rubber isolation mounts, those were eliminated on the 1150 systems.

They are not needed  on the 1100 bikes  either as BMW removed those rear cat. support  mounts from service as not needed even on the 1100 exhausts.