IGNORED

Returning again again

Henrik Jordahn

Henrik Jordahn

OK, this time I will try to stick around for longer :-)

On Thursday I finally got a Danish license plate for my R1100RT 2000.

Still the same black one I bought from new when livning in Luxembourg.

Various changes in my life led to a long standstill from 2004 to 2015, where the Danish registration tax prevented me from riding, for some reason my wife and I thought that spending money on a car and our daughter was more important ;-p

Got divorced in 2014 and moved to Greenland for a bit, so could register the bike in Germany and still ride in Denmark, so '15 and '16 saw some riding, now with my daughter instead of her mother.

Back in Denmark in '17, summer of '18 was hot, and for various reasons loads of overtime. So, now I had the money, the value, and hence the tax, on the bike had of course gone down.

The place I live is nice enough, but there are a few idiots around, causing problems, including stealing any moped or bike they can come across, so even if I did have a garage here, I wouldn't keep the bike here. Good thing that I work at a place with nice, large 'garages', and one of the pilots like anything mechanical and lets me take up a little corner amongst some of his toys ;-)

So, I am back, and I will trawl the site once again and as usual find all the good stuff about riding, wrenching and (f)riendship :wave:

sleipner_hangar1.jpg

sleipner_hangar2.jpg

• Like 1

Funny how divorce will mess things up no matter what continent you're living on.  Can definitely sympathize with that.  Congrats on your return to riding, I'm doing the same after years away.  Enjoy that bike, avoid the idiots, and ride well!

Henrik Jordahn

No, that was to avoid scratching the paint on the floor, but not needed as the whole hangar floor will be painted red in the near future.

On 4/14/2019 at 3:07 AM, Henrik Jordahn said:

No, that was to avoid scratching the paint on the floor, but not needed as the whole hangar floor will be painted red in the near future.

Welcome again, again.  Thought maybe you were taken over by a spirit and owned a Harley Davidson from the dark days when AMF owned the motor company.  Looks like you need a pilots license too!