Jump to content
Davey S.

touch up paint

Recommended Posts

Davey S.

Does anyone knows if BMW offers touch up paint and if not where I can obtain the paint code?

 

Thanks in advance,

Davey 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wbw6cos

What year, model, color?

Some may be available from BMW, but there are other sources in the aftermarket.  

 

I bought some for my car, for practice.  I will eventually buy some for my bikes.  I haven't used it yet, but the video makes it look easy to do.

 

https://colorndrive.com/en

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dirtrider
9 hours ago, Davey S. said:

Does anyone knows if BMW offers touch up paint and if not where I can obtain the paint code?

 

Thanks in advance,

Davey 

 

Morning Davy

 

At one time BMW did, then they quit (I believe due  to import restrictions) so I'm not sure if they  do now or not.

 

Most use Colorrite as it usually matches up pretty good.

 

https://www.colorrite.com/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michaelr11

Check for a label with a paint code underneath the seat or on the rear fender. 

 

Go go to the parts catalog, fiche. Section 51, Vehicle Trim. Even though BMW doesn’t sell the paint anymore, they list the colors. You should find the color name, and then the parts list will have the color code. There is a color code and a paint code. The paint code will be for the specific paint, listed on the line for the paint. The color code is listed in the diagram title and indicates the color combinations and decal colors. For example. A K12RS, color code 788, Frostbl-Marrakech  with paint codes frostblue2, 464, and marrakeschrot2, 392.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davey S.
13 hours ago, dirtrider said:

 

Morning Davy

 

At one time BMW did, then they quit (I believe due  to import restrictions) so I'm not sure if they  do now or not.

 

Most use Colorrite as it usually matches up pretty good.

 

https://www.colorrite.com/

Did go to their site but for my year and model they don’t even list my particular color. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davey S.
14 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

What year, model, color?

Some may be available from BMW, but there are other sources in the aftermarket.  

 

I bought some for my car, for practice.  I will eventually buy some for my bikes.  I haven't used it yet, but the video makes it look easy to do.

 

https://colorndrive.com/en

I have a ‘18 rt in mars red. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dirtrider
11 hours ago, Davey S. said:

Did go to their site but for my year and model they don’t even list my particular color. 

 

Morning Davey

 

You might try giving them a call ( Support: 1-800-358-1882), or E-Mail  ( support@colorrite.com)   as my guess is that you are not the first looking for that color.

 

That 'Mars Red' is probably a 3 layer type paint with a base color, top color, then a clear coat over it  (those are not easily touched up with a single color).   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonor

Try these people ColorRite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davey S.
6 hours ago, dirtrider said:

 

Morning Davey

 

You might try giving them a call ( Support: 1-800-358-1882), or E-Mail  ( support@colorrite.com)   as my guess is that you are not the first looking for that color.

 

That 'Mars Red' is probably a 3 layer type paint with a base color, top color, then a clear coat over it  (those are not easily touched up with a single color).   

Thank you for the phone number. I called but they do not have my color. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dirtrider
37 minutes ago, Davey S. said:

Thank you for the phone number. I called but they do not have my color. 

 

Afternoon Davey

 

Have you tried your BMW dealer? They might not have it but I'd be willing to bet that you aren't the first to ask so maybe they have a suggestion.

 

The 3 layer paints are VERY difficult to touch up with a single color single layer touch up paint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LBump

LINK

 

Mars Red  M4R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davey S.
3 hours ago, LBump said:

LINK

 

Mars Red  M4R

Thank you very much LBump that was the solution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bdfbeemer

I wonder which color compares to the ebony metallic? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davey S.
2 minutes ago, bdfbeemer said:

I wonder which color compares to the ebony metallic? 

ColorRite does have that color listed on their site Ana a phone call confirms that they do indeed carry it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bdfbeemer

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike the Ghoul

I had Kent paint my bike a while and it was perfect.  He is an excellent painter. And a great guy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davey S.

Thank you everyone for your help and input. I ordered from Color N Drive they were very easy to work with and good price as well.

Davey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bdfbeemer

+1 on Color N Drive. Paint arrives today so haven;t used the product yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...