IGNORED

Images in Signature

I've noticed that some folks have put images in their signature line. When I got to Account Settings>Settings>Signature, my signature Restrictions state:

• Images are not allowed
  • Maximum of 5 URLs
  • Maximum of 10 lines

I've seen several folks with images and believe I've seen a few with more than 5 URLs. What gives?

When I've tried to load a small image (both by drag & drop and by Browse Files), it appears as I'd like. But when I click Save, I receive an error message that state "Too many images."

Is there an account setting somewhere I've missed that toggles my profile to accept an image? 

On 4/4/2019 at 2:52 AM, TyTass said:

I've noticed that some folks have put images in their signature line. When I got to Account Settings>Settings>Signature, my signature Restrictions state:

• Images are not allowed
  • Maximum of 5 URLs
  • Maximum of 10 lines

I've seen several folks with images and believe I've seen a few with more than 5 URLs. What gives?

When I've tried to load a small image (both by drag & drop and by Browse Files), it appears as I'd like. But when I click Save, I receive an error message that state "Too many images."

Is there an account setting somewhere I've missed that toggles my profile to accept an image? 

Sorry for the delay in response but I'm not at 100% yet ...Pictures in avatars were not initially intended... and then ...an enterprising someone figured out it could be done. Shortly after that the picture in avatar ability was terminated at the request of @Whip.  

Muliple lines are an artiact from ubb.threads apparently  as an imported value they went around the rule when no new multiples are allowed.  I think a case can reasonably be made to limit links and number of lines in signatures.  I think your point is more it should apply equally... which was the intent as this applies to the Members group entirely.and only belatedly uncovered the flaw in the migrtion process. as multiple were allowed when they would not have been allowed to be created new .

No worries whatsoever about the delay, Chris.  And I think I understand the response. In the end, it is not an intended feature to allow images in signatures.  

Okey Dokey. I was just curious.  It certainly wasn't a show stopper. I mean really, what actually is a show stopper in a voluntarily run discussion board? LOL

• [Rant on:]  If any of us here are upset by how long it takes a volunteer in this community to respond, about the loss of a feature, or a new look/environment then I think that person needs some time in the corner.  In the end we ALL volunteer our time to this community, so let's loosen up on the expectations … please. 

Chris, you guys do a fantastic job!  Thank you for all the extra time, energy, and in effect money you, the Mods/Admins, and of course Larry put into this Board.