IGNORED

Not in the groove

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

Due to circumstances I don't care to discuss (but old age may have to do with it some) I have hardly put any miles on my super duper expensive GS 😢😢😢 Been driving Nina's Up! and my Tiguan A LOT, but 2-wheel travel just doesn't happen much. And it was one of a few reasons I decided to emigrate to Italy. Riding weather!!! 

So, well..... shit!!! 

But today I got the bike AND Nina out of the garage to get a little tour in. Pity the roads neR us are like those in New York..... screws and teeth come loose even at 30 mph. 

Anyway, here's some pics of our little tour.... imageproxy.php?img=&key=b613679a0814d9ec

20190401_145057.jpg

20190401_145111.jpg

20190401_153322.jpg

20190401_153317.jpg

20190401_155610.jpg

• Like 5

Glad you both got out and about on the GS. Things may change. I went through a 2 year period where I rode very little.

Thanks for sharing your photos!

"No changes are permanent

But change is . . . "

• Thanks 1

Francois....I'm new to the group.  Where did you migrate to Italia from?  You're in Umbria?  What town?  How long have you been there?  I'd really like to hear your impressions of your new home...  

Francois_Dumas
16 hours ago, RPondaRoad said:

Francois....I'm new to the group.  Where did you migrate to Italia from?  You're in Umbria?  What town?  How long have you been there?  I'd really like to hear your impressions of your new home...  

HI Rick, I am Dutch and we settled in Italy more or less by accident when our south of France plans didn't materialize. We live in a very small village in rural Umbria, some 20 clicks south of Perugia. Bought a 3 quarter finished house back in 2014 and moved permanently after selling our Dutch possessions back in July 2017. Before that we owned a holiday apartment in the French Alps near Meribel, for 17 years. I was one of the privileged Dutch kids with parents with a love for mountains who took us on long holidays in Switzerland since 1958. So I have been driving, walking and riding Europe's mountain passes for over 60 years now..... And still discovering new roads. Love most things here, by choice, and because I don't have to work anymore. Also fortunately I am a very patient person 😂😂😂😂😂. 

We used to stay near Bolzano when riding the Italian Alps..... Done most of the roads you described on two wheels..... Wonderful riding there!!! 

1 hour ago, Francois_Dumas said:

HI Rick, I am Dutch and we settled in Italy more or less by accident when our south of France plans didn't materialize. We live in a very small village in rural Umbria, some 20 clicks south of Perugia. Bought a 3 quarter finished house back in 2014 and moved permanently after selling our Dutch possessions back in July 2017. Before that we owned a holiday apartment in the French Alps near Meribel, for 17 years. I was one of the privileged Dutch kids with parents with a love for mountains who took us on long holidays in Switzerland since 1958. So I have been driving, walking and riding Europe's mountain passes for over 60 years now..... And still discovering new roads. Love most things here, by choice, and because I don't have to work anymore. Also fortunately I am a very patient person 😂😂😂😂😂. 

We used to stay near Bolzano when riding the Italian Alps..... Done most of the roads you described on two wheels..... Wonderful riding there!!! 

Francois...you live in a beautiful part of the country with endless opportunities for great motorcycling...  But, the 3/4 finished house???  : - )  I'll bet that all of your abundant patience has been tested over the years with that!  I'm glad to hear that you are loving what you have found there and that you have the time to enjoy your new home.  My wife and I were not too far from you in September as we visited Firenze for a few days. 

Thanks a lot for the reply.  I'm always interested when I read of someone moving from their home in one country to a new home in Italy.  Expatriating is not for the faint of heart...even when your new home is in such a beautiful, culturally rich and interesting place.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1