IGNORED

Metzler Z6 tires on 2011 RT, any thoughts?

BobW03

Just received an email from Bike Bandit they are selling these tires for 79.99 each and will be free shipping.

My only concern would be the date code on the tires, but for that price might be worth it?

22 minutes ago, BobW03 said:

Just received an email from Bike Bandit they are selling these tires for 79.99 each and will be free shipping.

My only concern would be the date code on the tires, but for that price might be worth it?

Afternoon Bob

The Metzler Z6 is one of my favorites on the 1200RT hexhead so I don't see why they won't work on the camhead (as long as the tire meets the correct size & load rating.

The big downside on the Z-6 is  the rear wear indicators. Metzler placed them where the tire really doesn't wear that much so the first indication of rear tire wear is the center cords showing  (those darn things will look great one minute then 200 miles later have the cords showing)

I really like my Metzelers.  That is all I have used with the exception of once I tried the PR2s - never again.  I hope the most recent version of the PRs is good as I have read that it is, but the 2's were so bad that I have no reason to try the new ones.  That said, I have used Metzelers for years -

Nevermind, that was on my 1150, I see the 1200 uses a 180/55 so it would work fine. What about on the 1150, which I also need tires for?

The bike calls for a 170 in the rear which I have been using for several years. they no longer make the Z6 in a 170. What is the up/downside of using the 180 instead?