IGNORED

First Ride

RPG

Got the RT out for the first time yesterday. Beautiful sunny blue skies. A deep azure blue, deeper than the prettiest blondes eyes. Have to take the bike out, right?

Went for just a short ride and even with my Kiliminjaro jacket, heated grips on high, I STILL froze.

Damn winter. Damn, southern MI taking forever to warm up.....

But it still felt good.

8 minutes ago, RPG said:

Got the RT out for the first time yesterday. Beautiful sunny blue skies. A deep azure blue, deeper than the prettiest blondes eyes. Have to take the bike out, right?

Went for just a short ride and even with my Kiliminjaro jacket, heated grips on high, I STILL froze.

Damn winter. Damn, southern MI taking forever to warm up.....

But it still felt good.

Morning Rick

You are absolutely better off than my brother in Mi, he lives in the U.P. & is just now barely  able to  see out of his lower windows & those are about 4 foot above the ground.

szurszewski

I rode to San Diego and back (from Olympia, WA). It was actually raining in San Diego one day, but other than that the weather was perfect from Napa Valley down and back. 

...but it was 35 the day I left WA and I had to ride nine hours of rain yesterday to get back. I guess this explains why so damn many people want to live in SoCal. Too bad - it’d be almost perfect if no one knew about it!

66A975B1-9FED-499D-BB79-26A46AA2BE00.thumb.jpeg.85996a089b4fc91bb21cc5313c1ebd12.jpeg

• Like 5

I am glad you got out. My first ride from home here in Salida CO will be Thursday to Hurricane UT to stay with Eddd then on to Temecula. I hope!

The roads are almost clear over the passes but that can change.

97DCA547-CDF8-4E69-8C71-611CE6E3129B.jpeg

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Morning Rick

You are absolutely better off than my brother in Mi, he lives in the U.P. & is just now barely  able to  see out of his lower windows & those are about 4 foot above the ground.

The U.P. is quite a lovely place, maybe in August. :)

• Like 1

I managed to get out for a quick 50 mile ride this past Sunday.  We've been getting temps in the 40's and 50's F for the past week and a lot of the snow has melted - which has meant a fair amount of local flooding.  I had to dodge around a bunch of road closures, as well as some streets that are in bad shape.  I predict there will be a bumper crop of mosquitoes this year.

12 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Morning Rick

That is no exaggeration.  We have a place in Northern central Wisconsin, about an hour south of the UP boarder, and last month we had a solid 4 feet.  February was an all time record for snow and a Ski-Doo was needed to get to the grocery store.

My brother has a place north of Iron River, south of Sidnaw, on a small lake with a summer population of loons and bald eagles. When he first bought the place in '89, I thought it would be fun to ride my R90s up in May. That didn't work out too well. :)

I'm enjoying the weather here in Central FL. It was a high in the 60s today. I feel for you northern guys. Of course it won't be long before we're baking in the 90s for 6 months!