IGNORED

Status Updates + Replies Question?

Good evening Chris. A fellow member decided to ask me a question, using the Status Update page or what that is called.

I think I was able to send him a reply to his question, but is that how that should be working?

Is this like the old PM's or should he be really rather use the Message system?

Is it possible to have the question and answer moved into a forum section for the public to view and reply to and possible learn something from it?

1 hour ago, Bernie said:

A fellow member decided to ask me a question, using the Status Update page or what that is called.

I think I was able to send him a reply to his question, but is that how that should be working?

Status Updates are more like a tweet  ... it appears they are intended to be a brief update of what a member may be doing ... or a thought they want to share ... not an interactive communication channel.  They are also public , anyone can read a Status Update. 

1 hour ago, Bernie said:

Is this like the old PM's or should he be really rather use the Message system?

A "message" on this software is a PM just like ubb.threads .  Its the preferred method since its private like an email and can be expanded  by invitation only to several participants.   I believe that's what most folks expect in their communications .:) 

1 hour ago, Bernie said:

Is it possible to have the question and answer moved into a forum section for the public to view and reply to and possible learn something from it?

You may recall seeing a tab on the top menu labeled FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).   It contained a lot of good information that I put together for this site.  Unfortunately it was created in a 3rd party add-on product and developed a bug during the last update.  I had to disable it and all the tips are no longer available. 

I've been working on a replacement but the site documentation is severely lacking in details of features making the job even harder.  As an example ... there is no clear explanation of the Status Update feature in the vendor documentation !!