IGNORED

Yet another pretty nice place to get used parts

Miguel!

I got a part form them today at about 10% of the new price for my 2001 R1100RT. I'd been watching for one on Beemerboneyard and Bobs BMW for a couple months. I found one today on eBay and interacted with Branden via email. Later in the day, I found them on the web and talked with him in person. They dismantle motorcycles and sell via eBay. Very nice guy and most of their inventory is on their website: Steele Cycles.

Best

Miguel!   (My 100th post BMWST)

PS, I've no association other than a satisfied customer. 

Nice I'll keep that in mind for my '99RT needs

Haha, I saw the Bultaco banner in the background of the attached pictures, so I checked their offering.  Alas, it was a thin collection....a niche dinosaur bike to be sure.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:25 PM, Paul De said:

Nice I'll keep that in mind for my '99RT needs

Haha, I saw the Bultaco banner in the background of the attached pictures, so I checked their offering.  Alas, it was a thin collection....a niche dinosaur bike to be sure.

Bultaco lives on in the Spanish made trials and enduro bikes by "Gas-Gas".  I have a good friend in Casper, WY who is a dealer.  Alpine Motorsports. 

9 hours ago, fatbob said:

Bultaco lives on in the Spanish made trials and enduro bikes by "Gas-Gas".  I have a good friend in Casper, WY who is a dealer.  Alpine Motorsports. 

I was aware of the Bultaco lineage to Gas-Gas. The Spanish motor cycle industry has always been interconnected across brands, so I suspect there is some lineal connection from Montesa and Ossa as well.

All three historical Spanish marques seem to have some modern incarnations out there with Bultaco maybe being the most interesting, now offering a range of "motorcycles" that are really E-bicycles.  No dealer network in the States though.

Haha was doing a long overdo purge of storage shelving last week and my pristine aluminum OEM Sherpa-T fenders were uncovered.  I took them off the day I bought that bike and put on the ugly but more practical Preston Petty plastic fenders and then somehow didn't include the OEMs when I sold the T.  Needless to say they didn't get purged much to my wife's dismay.