IGNORED

Factory driving lights

Motobricker

Motobricker

I got a great deal on factory driving lights for my 2018 RTW.  I have Twisted Throttle mounts under the mirrors, already have a set of small driving light mounted there, but they are on a HEXeCam wiring.  Has anyone added factory lights to the RTW and do I need to get a new Left hand switch in order to make them work or rather light up the dashboard signal?  I could simply just hook them up to my existing wiring, but was hoping for a more factory install.

If you want them to work via the factory install then you will have to have them turned on by the dealer via a software update.

I would go with your HEXecam, you have more options on how they would work.

Hi,

You likely have a second light channel left on the EzCan for a second set of lights,or the system can be configured that way.

To find out,you need to hook up the ExCan module via USB cable to a laptop and look at the configuration.

The Hex website as well as probably some youtube videos will show the process.

Going the factory route will likely be big $$ install.

JR356

I installed the factory lights when I purchased the bike 2/2014, it's an easy job.  I did need to have the dealer activate the lights, this was done during a software update without a fee.  A connection is behind the left painted panel that's all you know to know the rest is very easy kit to install.    I had zero instructions.  If you need instructions its on the BMW repair manual CD. 

Jay

Motobricker
5 hours ago, strataj said:

I installed the factory lights when I purchased the bike 2/2014, it's an easy job.  I did need to have the dealer activate the lights, this was done during a software update without a fee.  A connection is behind the left painted panel that's all you know to know the rest is very easy kit to install.    I had zero instructions.  If you need instructions its on the BMW repair manual CD. 

Jay

Did you have to get a new left handlebar switch with the button to turn them on or did they just work with lights??