IGNORED

Backoff Brake Modulator?

Spokane2303

Spokane2303

Does anyone know if putting one of these on my 2004 R1150RT will work or will it mess with the computer's monitoring the rear tail light function?

Spokane2303

Interesting option; but, their site says "sold out"!I currently have a Backoff modulator from a previous bike. So, for now $$$, I want to know if I can safely use it?

Thanks!

I went with the Kissan Tech tailblazer on my R1100RT but says it also works on the 2004 1150 as well ~$70.  Been using it for 15 years no problems and I have not heard of issues with compatibility on the1150.  It is as plug and play as changing the brake light bulb.

Flashes about 5 times then goes solid on while braking

image.png.3f27ce26b61a7a6dae434cd2ba7ebf84.png

41 minutes ago, Spokane2303 said:

Does anyone know if putting one of these on my 2004 R1150RT will it work or will it mess with the computer's monitoring the rear tail light function?

Afternoon Spokane2303

It very well could effect the ABS module's ability to correctly monitor the rear tail light for function.

It probably won't effect it enough to cause a serious problem but it might effect it enough so the ABS module can't  tell that the tail light has burnt out so it might not  bring the brake  light on at low power in place of the tail light then light the dash warning.  

If this happens  then you will probably have to verify tail light function manually (just like the old days!)  

• 3 weeks later...
Spokane2303

Anyone try the Hyperlites brake lights?

LED's that attach on the sides of the license plate. They look brite!

Hoping they will not mess with the ABS brake light monitoring function??

17 minutes ago, Spokane2303 said:

Anyone try the Hyperlites brake lights?

LED's that attach on the sides of the license plate. They look brite!

Hoping they will not mess with the ABS brake light monitoring function??

Morning Spokane2303

As long those are wired up properly & the stock incandescent rear bulb remains in the system then they usually don't cause any issues.

These will do the trick...you can get just brake, brake and turn, brake, turn, and run....You can have them go solid or blink...a little pricey but I have had them on 3 BMW bikes including this RT LC.  They come with complete instructions that are accurate and correct.  They splice into the proper circuits with positaps which came in my kit.

https://hyperlites.com/

Spokane2303

Purchased a set of Hyperlites this afternoon. 

Will report on how they install and work once received. 

Thanks to all!

• 3 weeks later...