IGNORED

I need a place to leave my truck and trailer around East Asheville or Gastonia, NC

randy

I am trailering part way to START. 

Ideally I need a safe place somewhere along I-40 between East Asheville, and Marion, NC.  to store my truck and trailer. 

Or I can take I-85 from Atlanta to Charlotte, NC, then I-77 to Alleghany Inn so  maybe  something around Gastonia, NC to Charlotte, NC

Either route works.

If anyone lives in either area and will let me leave my truck and trailer at their home it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and please PM me if you have an opportunity for me.

You may want to check with the folks at Motorcycles of Charlotte as they are really great.  Would not hurt to mention 3 other START attendees all of whom are long time MOC customers......Ed Apelian, Don Miller and Randy Shields.  The issue will be if you need to retrieve the rig on Sunday or Monday as they are closed and it would be locked up snug as a bug in a rug.

thanks, I had looked into that, but it is an issue on both ends, I would arrive late on Thursday after they close, and yes I would need to pick it up on Sunday.  But thanks for the recommendation.

• 2 weeks later...

because I can ride any road between Atlanta and basically Asheville, NC any weekend I want.  So riding those roads at START does not really intrigue me.  Second I do not have a lot of vacation time, so practically I can take one day off, Friday.  So I would rather trailer up Thursday night after work and spend Friday riding the Sparta area, instead of spending 50% of Friday riding the same roads I ride most any weekend.  Second I have no desire to ride 5.5 hours all highway to get home on Sunday, and taking a 8-9 hour route home on Sunday just does basically the same thing as Friday, I end up riding 50% of the roads I would ride any other weekend.  I understand for many riders riding the same roads over and over is great, and they enjoy it.  That works for them.  For me I enjoy these events as I get to ride roads that I might not normally ride.  So trailering works for me.  I can spend the highway hours in my truck, and spend the maximum hours riding the local roads.

Hopefully that helps you to understand.  thanks

I've got space, but I'm in a different direction than you want,....additionally, I'm right about an hour from Sparta, so no real benefit for you to park it here, but more than welcome to.

• 2 weeks later...