IGNORED

Mr. Poskitt Visits Burning Man

TEWKS

Interesting! Burning Man is on my bucket list.

Races to Places / Lyndon Poskitt seems like a good blog to follow. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Johnny J

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
RandyShields

Pretty incredible.  Had no idea this event existed.  Lots of creative, free spirits for sure.  Camilla does love the camera.  Would like to have seen a bit of footage from the orgy dome.  

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

Burning Man may have to move of shut their doors after the 2019 season.  The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) handed them a huge set of requirements and bill(s) to fix issues, security, trash and the environmental impact that Burning Man has.  Burning Man has been on my radar for years...it may have to stay there 

I'd enjoy going out there when the festival wasn't going on.  Otherwise, I can do without all the people show-boating their individuality.  Same reason I went to Key West once, and have no need to go back.  So many places were nice 50-odd years ago, but have been overrun by 'social influencers' and people who spend more time taking selfies than actually contributing to the betterment of the world.  Hard pass.

• 2 weeks later...
elkroeger

I've got a question for the Oracle:  One guy at work, just an acquaintence really, said that he thought I was the Burning Man type.  Like a lot of people it's on my "one-day-I'm-gonna" list, but I'm not a bohemian, or a hippie or whatever.  I certainly don't own a freak flag.  I think he had the wrong idea about me.  Should I be offended?

I have been interested in the Burning Man event ever since it began. At first I thought it might be a Bucket List item but as the years progressed it became ever more obvious it was not something worth pursuing. 

The year's event was the pinnacle of ... well... stupidity. What a waste of resources, intelligence, time... etc. 

Once again it is proof that  "Just because you can- does not mean you should"....

On 3/5/2019 at 11:44 AM, JohnnyJ said:

Interesting! Burning Man is on my bucket list.

It had been on my bucket list too but is now is much more commercialized and loosing the counter culture vibe it had 10 to 20 years ago. I don't fit the counter culture profile at all but was curious to experience it in its original form, maybe not so much anymore. Or maybe I'm just turning into a old fart!

roadscholar

Pat, thanks for bringing Lyndon back, I'd forgotten how much fun he is. In this episode Basil gets an interesting (complete) re-fresh and Lyndon shows off his dexterity not only as a mechanic but trials rider.

• Like 1