IGNORED

official beta testers

bendbill

This note was sent to our president of BMWRO, but I'm assuming it applies to others.  I'm new to the wetheads and have an RT.  Isn't the Connected App for TFT, which is only on GS models?  If so, I trust the mods will send to the right place.

I have no interest and am unsure if this is just a high-tech can-we-have-20-minutes-of-your-time survey--bill

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Jennifer and I work for Testbirds, a crowd-testing company based in Munich  https://www.testbirds.com/ .    I’m reaching out to you because we are looking for passionate BMW riders who might be interested in testing and improving an app for BMW.

To be more specific, we are currently working with BMW Motorrad on testing and improving their Connected App. For this, we will be conducting several tests in the upcoming year. I am looking for BMW riders who are using the Connected App and are willing to contribute towards the further development of it. 

Participation will mean that testers can report bugs, evaluate or request features, and give some general feedback. Testers will of course be compensated for participating in tests, interviews etc., but more importantly will have a direct feedback channel to BMW and their App development team.

During the testing process, BMW will oversee your feedback, your requested features, the bugs you submit, and they will listen in during remote interviews we have planned.

To get more information or register to take part in the testing, interested BMW riders who currently have a TFT display on their BMW motorcycles can visit our site:  https://www.testbirds.com/bmw/ 

I would be very grateful if you could pass this message along to your members or alternately if you could provide suggestions on how I might be able to do so in the most appropriate way. I’m happy to answer any questions you may have, and would really appreciate anything you could do to pass this info along.

Kind regards,

Jennifer     

j.lorek@testbirds.de

1 hour ago, BendBill said:

This note was sent to our president of BMWRO, but I'm assuming it applies to others.  I'm new to the wetheads and have an RT.  Isn't the Connected App for TFT, which is only on GS models?  If so, I trust the mods will send to the right place.

I have no interest and am unsure if this is just a high-tech can-we-have-20-minutes-of-your-time survey--bill

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Jennifer and I work for Testbirds, a crowd-testing company based in Munich  https://www.testbirds.com/ .    I’m reaching out to you because we are looking for passionate BMW riders who might be interested in testing and improving an app for BMW.

To be more specific, we are currently working with BMW Motorrad on testing and improving their Connected App. For this, we will be conducting several tests in the upcoming year. I am looking for BMW riders who are using the Connected App and are willing to contribute towards the further development of it. 

Participation will mean that testers can report bugs, evaluate or request features, and give some general feedback. Testers will of course be compensated for participating in tests, interviews etc., but more importantly will have a direct feedback channel to BMW and their App development team.

During the testing process, BMW will oversee your feedback, your requested features, the bugs you submit, and they will listen in during remote interviews we have planned.

To get more information or register to take part in the testing, interested BMW riders who currently have a TFT display on their BMW motorcycles can visit our site:  https://www.testbirds.com/bmw/ 

I would be very grateful if you could pass this message along to your members or alternately if you could provide suggestions on how I might be able to do so in the most appropriate way. I’m happy to answer any questions you may have, and would really appreciate anything you could do to pass this info along.

Kind regards,

Jennifer     

j.lorek@testbirds.de

From what I read, yes.

https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/discover/engineering/technology-detail/navigation-communication/connectivity.html#/section-available-for-following-motorcycles

The app would most likely be a highly technical survey that they could use

Interesting idea though.  Isn't technology just wonderful?