IGNORED

Connecting bluetooth

Ozzyal

I've had my 2010 RTSE for over a year now  , it came with a hand book for the bike but not the sound system  .I've found a few instructions through the internet , but try as I might , I can't get it into the bluetooth pairing mode . 

I just have a cheap arse headset , but it pairs easily with my phone and the Nav V , but I'd really like to pair through the bikes stereo so I can use the menu wheel thingy . Does anyone know if this model even has the Bluetooth capabilities  ? 

beemer chuck

The 2010 R1200 RT may or may not have been shipped from the factory with the Bluetooth software installed. check with your local dealer to see if the software is truly in place it was not on my 2010 

• Sad 1
On 3/1/2019 at 4:55 PM, Ozzyal said:

I've had my 2010 RTSE for over a year now  , it came with a hand book for the bike but not the sound system  .I've found a few instructions through the internet , but try as I might , I can't get it into the bluetooth pairing mode . 

I just have a cheap arse headset , but it pairs easily with my phone and the Nav V , but I'd really like to pair through the bikes stereo so I can use the menu wheel thingy . Does anyone know if this model even has the Bluetooth capabilities  ? 

I don’t know if that model RT came with Bluetooth from the factory, you should be able to download the owners guide from BMW or contact your dealer.

But the solution I would suggest is to install a MotoChello speaker bridge, then you can connect the ear plug speaker outlet to a Sena SM10 Bluetooth Stereo dongle. This will let you connect your factory stereo to your Bluetooth helmet speakers. 

6 hours ago, Ozzyal said:

I could be wrong  , but I don't think there's such a thing as a headphones Jack on this bike 

I know that also.

That is why I suggested to install the MotoChello Speaker Bridge. It splices into your existing Bike Stereo system. It connects between the Stereo unit and the speakers. Then you  can select if you want to use the speakers or send the audio to a 3.5 mm outlet (build into the Speaker Bridge), where you can plug in a audio cable. This you would connect to a Bluetooth Dongle, like a Sena SM10 or a set of head phones.

I don’t sell these item’s, I am justified a satisfied customer.

But that is only if you really think it is worth the trouble to listen to music from the bikes Stereo system.  

Okay , sorry , sometimes I'm not so bright  :18:

Yeah , I think I'll stick with just the bluetooth linked to the phone  .

Really Google maps / Spotify is good enough  . Not really that into listening to music whilst riding anyway  ( except boring hwy runs )

Thanks for the input gentleman 

• 2 months later...

As for using the "wonder wheel,"  it's highly unlikely this works with anything but the BMW helmet communicator.