IGNORED

Insurance rates in Ontario.

Eckhard Grohe

Eckhard Grohe

My brother in law is moving to the Toronto area and is thinking of bringing his bike, a Kawa ZRX 1100. The bike was originally bought in Canada so that will not be a problem. How much does it cost to register and to insure? What is the cheapest company?

TIA

Cheap insurance? That's like finding a cheap lawyer.

Most of the guys around here have Kingsway or Primmum (I have the latter),they are both from Toronto.

Our age group 45-55 for 1000cc and up-no tickets,no accidents is about $Can 750.00,according to my unscientific poll.

For full coverage,PLPD,collision,theft,about $Can1600.

So much for "No Fault"

I pay $735.00 for a 12 month period.I really enjoy paying from Nov to mid Apr.

Public Liability and property damage (PL and PD)only.

Here in Eastern Ontario the RT with full coverage is $1,290.00 with taxes. That is for $250.00 deductable, there is little difference ( about $20.00 ) between $250.00 and $1,500.00 deductable. That is from Primmum ( TD Bank ), and even the Kingsway rep recommended Primmum over Kingsway. His comment was 'yea we are $150.00 cheaper but just hope you never have a claim...hmmm.

This is all for a 58 yr old married male with no tickets, no claims, living in the country, riding for 40 yrs.

Every bike you own and ride is going to cost pretty much the same. Before 'no fault' I used to always have at least 3 bikes, each with a different job. Can't afford that anymore, hence the constant quest to find the 'best all around bike. So far the R12RT is the hands down winner for my requirements.

The licence plate is $40.00 per year.

Jim

Try Dalton Timmis, they have a special BMW rate if you have your full M license. I pay for full coverage including theft/fire, collision ($500 ded) just under $700/yr. Dalton Timmis was recommended by Open Road BMW (dealer).

Good luck!

Dalton Timmis ?? Is that an underwriter? Broker? Guess I will try to 'google' it...thanks.

Edit: Just found them and submitted a request for quote...lets see what they say?? wave.gif

Jim

I just put my R1200ST on AAA with my car (second vehicle) $400(full coverage) and when I am done riding it goes into storage with insurance for about $20 a month. So if I ride 6 months it costs me $200 and some change. Way cheaper then GIECO or any of the advertised bike insurer's. smile.gif

Try Riders Plus at this LINK they are a large motorcycle only broker in Toronto. My rate for the RT is about $600 less than with Primmum. Only coverage for Ontario by the looks of it.... but worth contacting them for a quote.

Good luck.

Archived