IGNORED

BMW side cargo saddlebags K1100 to R1100r

Guest SRE7

Greetings,

New Oilhead owner and first-time poster to this site.  Thank you for your help to an old, old orient bike owner.

I would like to get some saddlebags for my newly acquired, and in exceptionally state 1999 R1100r.  There is a pair of K1100 bags available to me and I would be most grateful if anyone could comment on the possibility of these fitting on my R1100r.

Thanks much....

38 minutes ago, Guest SRE7 said:

Greetings,

New Oilhead owner and first-time poster to this site.  Thank you for your help to an old, old orient bike owner.

I would like to get some saddlebags for my newly acquired, and in exceptionally state 1999 R1100r.  There is a pair of K1100 bags available to me and I would be most grateful if anyone could comment on the possibility of these fitting on my R1100r.

Thanks much....

Afternoon

What model  K1100?

Most K1100? saddle bags are of a different design so are not the same as the R1100R. I'm not sure if they  could be made to fit but even if they could be made to fit they not would look quite right.

If you post a picture of the exact saddle bags that you are looking at we might be able to tell you more.

These are the models from which you can get the Left hand pannier: https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/PartsSearch.aspx?&searchtype=undefined&parts=46 54 2 317 623

46542317623   SYSTEM CASE LEFT WITHOUT CYLINDER - 25L    9.55lb    $388.00

These are the models from which you can get the Right hand pannier (A somewhat shorter list!): https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/PartsSearch.aspx?&searchtype=undefined&parts=46 54 2 316 714

46542316714     RIGHT SYSTEM CASE - BLACK/POLIERT    9.92lb   $ NA

I would suggest looking on Ebay as I see several bags but you would need to confirm by part number if they fit your specific bike. Another place might be to check <www.giviusa.com> for bag mounts and bags that would fit the R1100R.

If the mounting brackets on the K1100 bags are similar to the K100's,  I can not imagine how you'd mount them on an Oilhead bike without a lot of effort and modifications.  I would be patient and if not buying new,  search the used market for the correct panniers.