twilmotte

New Anakee Adventure Tires on a R1200GS?

twilmotte

I need new tires soon and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the new Michelin Anakee Adventure tires.  They're a little more expensive than most of the other similar "mostly road and some off road" tires out there on the market.  And they're so new, I can find any user reviews yet.

Rider1200RT

There is this video...

• Like 1

twilmotte

I worked up a sweat just watching that video.  Thanks for posting it.

• Thanks 1

RandyShields

They will be hard to beat the TK70s, but I've always liked Michelin products.  Definitely like the tread pattern.  I will definitely be asking my parts guy about feedback he receives before I make my next tire decision.

• Like 1

RandyShields

Oh, and fantastic video.  Thanks.  Pretty scary drop offs when he was cruising along the ridge. Good endorsement for this tire.

Foot

I would like to try them to see if my bike could break the elusive 5K mileage on the back.

RightSpin
40 minutes ago, Foot said:

I would like to try them to see if my bike could break the elusive 5K mileage on the back.

Foot, your right wrist can achieve that elusive 5K goal.  I'm just say'n.  :classic_laugh:

Foot

I spent the winter in Physical therapy trying to workout the twitchiness in that wrist:4296:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Foot

Order them so let's see how they do!

Rider1200RT

Well I have about 1000 miles on them and like them enough that I would buy them again for the type of riding I do down here. They are a little noisy but what tires aren't given that profile.

They do rumble in the turns a bit, but since I have none to speak of in S. FL :classic_unsure: that is not an issue either.... Grip is good both wet and dry and they do well on gravel hardpack we have on the levees.

I don't think that they would do well in mud and deep sand but I have not ridden in those conditions yet nor do I plan to with the 'Beast'.

It is too soon to speak about tire life but if they last longer than my previous tires, Bridgestone A41's (8500 miles), I'll be a happy camper.

Foot

Well I have 2.5K on them. I think they are great road tires and good for hard pack. My initial observations is they seemed to skimp on the tread depth. The front and rear are 1mm less that the TK-70 at the start. The front tire has not scalloped at all, the down fall of the TK-70's for me. I have 2mm of tread left  on the rear to the wear bar. So these will have to come off for the UN. I don't like start a trip I don't think the tires can finish.

twilmotte

I bought the Anakee Adventure tires in February and have put about 2,000 (almost all paved) miles on them.  I do not find them to be noisy.  I have not seen any cupping or scalloping on the front tire like the TKC70 I replaced.  The traction on wet pavement seems to be fine to me, but I never ride aggressively on wet pavement.  I would agree the tread depth when new is less than some other new tires, but if they wear well enough to give me 7,000 miles, I'll be happy.  I got a very good price on them from Bike Bandit.  So far, very pleased with the cost and performance of the tires.