IGNORED

Themes

Ponch

To make it look like ubb.threads ?   Sorry no. 

If you mean other color options vs the basic white background  / blue highlights ,  yes there are but they are not free.  Given that, there is unfortunately no easy solution.  

Not saying anything will change, but if there were options, what would you want to see ? 

3 minutes ago, CommuterChris said:

what customization can we do?  font size changes and such?   there is so much wasted whitespace on both sides of the threads

CTRL ++ (or as much as necessary)   It'll get rid of the white space on the sides:classic_wink::classic_wink:

Dark themes are a bit easier on the eyes, especially at night.  WIndows, Chrome and some other apps and websites are now offering the option. Opening BMWST made me blink a few times when I opened it yesterday evening.

Can you provide the cost of additions and modifications?  In case those who really cared wanted to sponsor a change?

Edited by lkraus
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, lkraus said:

Dark themes are a bit easier on the eyes, especially at night.  WIndows, Chrome and some other apps and websites are now offering the option. Opening BMWST made me blink a few times when I opened it yesterday evening.

Can you provide the cost of additions and modifications?  In case those who really cared wanted to sponsor a change?

Pretty much

18 minutes ago, Living the Dream said:

CTRL ++ (or as much as necessary)   It'll get rid of the white space on the sides:classic_wink::classic_wink:

Assuming one uses Windows. And is legally blind. :)

17 minutes ago, lkraus said:

And what will we do when others don't care for the change?

4 minutes ago, eddd said:

And what will we do when others don't care for the change?

You'll have a choice of which theme you want to use. That's the way it is with forums that have a choice. 

I first encountered the "dark theme" with Photoshop, and then grew to appreciate it at advrider.com (Black Responsive(Orange)).  The Tenere forum's "Shades of Blue" is even nicer - good contrast without being harsh. 

New themes are under review.  Don't hold your breath :classic_sleep: 'cause it won't happen tomorrow ,  but we are actively looking at options.  If anything , some form of dark theme would be the first offering.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, tallman said:

Going over to the Dark Side are we now?

Patience you must have my young padawan.

• Like 1

Alright!  It’s not black, which is of course the fastest forum color, but I’m really liking the not-white background for the text areas.

Nice!

9 hours ago, szurszewski said:

Alright!  It’s not black, which is of course the fastest forum color,

We're workin' on it ... might see something in a couple of days :thumbsup:

I'm not fond of artichokes, but this looks pretty decent.  I may stay with Light Grey for day use, and Artichoke for nights.  My eyes have a little trouble distinguishing some colors of text on this blue background.  It's nice to have choices! 

How about a spell check function with an incredibly big dickshunary?  I've replied to only a few forums in the new format and I get many highlighted words that are spelled correctly.  Since I am a really poor speller, I spend a lot of time with a dictionary just confirming my spelling was correct and the allegation of Miss Spelling was incorrect.

49 minutes ago, Red said:

How about a spell check function with an incredibly big dickshunary?  I've replied to only a few forums in the new format and I get many highlighted words that are spelled correctly.  Since I am a really poor speller, I spend a lot of time with a dictionary just confirming my spelling was correct and the allegation of Miss Spelling was incorrect.

If you use Google Chrome as your web browser you will have spell check pretty much on all your typed words.  Let us know if you need more info about this.

3 New "Dark" themes are now available ... Darkness White, Darkness Blue and Chocolate Pumpkin.  This completes a set of 5 alternative color themes in addition to the Basic White default.  All themes are color variations and are otherwise identical in function.

In case you were unaware there were choices, alternative themes are accessed by scrolling all the way down to the bottom of the initial Forum page and click on the word Theme !  

With the launch of the final set  ALL themes are being updated with a new BMWST Banner across the top of the page.  Banners are planned to rotate throughout the year with a different set of pictures. 

• Thanks 1

Fantastic - I think those cover a wide spectrum of choice. I’m pretty obnoxious in what I want and was pleased to find that I actually like TWO of the options; usually I’m lucky to find just one theme I like even in a much larger set. 

Thank you!

Lots of good options, good work Chris! While Darkness Blue I like a lot, Chocolate Pumpkin is growing on me - it's contrasts are quite effective, but more neutral/natural and feel less.... well .. ..  "contrasty"   :4607: