IGNORED

Spline lube in Duluth, GA - Pictures

Husker Red

We had a sucessful day on Saturday. Both bike's splines looked good. Mine was a little rusty and Doug's was dry, but no wear problems. A test ride today showed no trouble down shifting, so I think the lube has done it's job.

Thanks for all the help, esp. to Chris and Randy. We couldn't have done it without your expertise and hard work wrenching. All told, 9 guys showed up and we had a lot more fun than anyone should have working on a bike. I found all the screws and pieces I needed and we didn't even have any extra parts left over when it was all back together. thumbsup.gif

Also thanks to Lisa and Katherine for all the hard work preparing the grub! As always, now that it's over I wish I would have taken a more pictures, but here's a few at least.

My bike wide open:

1861708working.jpg

Eating Crawfish:

1861709Eating.jpg

The man. The legend. Marty Hill.

1861710Theman.jpg

The finished product on the test ride today:

1861712smallfront.jpg

Mike,

I enjoyed the visit and loved the crawfish! thumbsup.gif Thanks for letting a 'cane into a husker house. wave.gif

Jerry_75_Guy

Congrats! Nicely done Michael. I can't help but wonder if my ride needs the same treatment.

How many miles do you have on the bike?

Glad you found all the parts and pieces to get it back together. Thanks Mike for letting us practice on your bike so we could do Doug's right! The good food made all the work worthwhile.

Jerry, my bike has 40K on it. I only put about 20 miles on it yesterday, so I'm not certain the downshifting trouble is gone but so far so good. We also checked the clutch thickness and it looked pretty good. I measured the friction plate thickness at 5.1 mm, 4.5 is replacement. I did a search here and found that 5.6 mm is new.

Mike

Lone_RT_rider

Sorry I missed the event. Hopefully we can all get together very soon for a repeat performance.

Shawn

RichEdwards

Sorry I missed the event. Hopefully we can all get together very soon for a repeat performance.

Amen to that. My RT has 50K on it and I'd love to do a spline lube.

Slumgullion

Great time and I even got my hands dirty until the real wrenches warned the host that their bikes were in great danger. Back to holding the flashlite! Enjoyed meeting everyone and I SHOOK MARTY HILL'S HAND! Now I won't wash my hand!!! clap.gif

Archived