IGNORED

Weird and unknown laws

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

Actually I cannot decide where to put 'International information ' in the forums..... IF it is of interest at all.

So lets call this a test balloon....

Did you know that in many European countries it is now FORBIDDEN to run a dashcam? And in most cases that includes helmet-cams and other bike-mounted cameras.

EU authorities have completely gone overboard (that's my personal opinion) with privacy rights. In quite a few countries the use of videocams to 'generally' film the environment are now specificaly forbidden. Heck, and I thought our gun laws were retarded.... 😄😄

If anybody is interested I'll draw up a list of countries.

Edited by Francois_Dumas

That's because camera's on the street without your knowledge is their realm. They don't want you muscling in on their gig.

Francois_Dumas
....and here I thought this was going to be about serving corndogs without mustard!

Sorry Jan, but maybe I can find something on that too 😂😂

Sorry to say, in my increasingly skeptical view of government, individual privacy is not the reason. To prevent being admonished, I will refrain from further comment.

Please do list the countries! Helmetcam is how I documents my own rides, especially overseas. I have seen videos on YouTube about the local laws in Melbourne (Oz) that also prohibit helmetcam, or at least that was how the police (supposedly) interpret the law that said one cannot make modifications to motorcycle helmets.