IGNORED

Who is this Leslie person . . . ?

KMG_365

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Dang Jamie! This must've taken you days to write up! Sounds like a slow day at the office, ya? Nice tribute! thumbsup.gif

lawnchairboy

spectacular post, thanks. I hope to meet you folks out on the roads some day, I spent 4 years in San Diego and all that Coronado talk has me jonesing to get some water and sand from the hotel del and come back here to coastal NC! (under 100 hours of course...)

What a wonderful post, thank you so much! This embodies why I ride a BMW -- the bike, the riders, the fellowship!

My wife and I have grown so much closer due to the times we enjoy riding together!

Looking forward to more posts of the same...

WyreNut

Wow. Thanks for sharing! Nothing like a good tale from an excellent storyteller. You and Leslie are an inspiration to me. I hope you get out of work on the 21st and we see you at Torrey!

Jamie,

Thanks for your wonderful tribute and historical retrospective. I awoke early this morning, unable to sleep because I keep "packing in my head" for a 10 day tour beginning this Friday. I intended to get caught up on grading papers, but instead read your wonderful tale. It was just what I needed.

The following is often said in a derogatory manner, but I know you'll understand that I mean it in the most positive possible light: you and Leslie deserve each other. You inspire me as Iz and I become more dedicated riders. Your relationship with each other and to sport touring is a wonder to behold.

I look forward to our next meeting, and the one after that, and the one after that. . . .

I remember my first posting here and Leslie was very supportive of my mistakes as I tried to adjust to a board that was HEAVILY moderated (not at all what I was used to). She was kind, patient and encouraging.

Thanks.

Words don't do justice describing my knowing you two. Leslie and you are the bestest! What a tribute to you from the ONE who knows you best! I am so glad I can count the both of you as frineds.

An utterly fantastic dissertation of a very special person, I have no doubt after reading. I have a special appreciation for her 'Mama Hoon' title after the linked explanation. I have some of the 'Hoon' tendencies myself at times. Check my bio. A rough draft of a suitable intro card attached?

664411-MamaHoonCard.jpg.835cf8fd508e9e730b99e04ac16c053c.jpg

Kevin McKenna

Hey Jamie,

Nice storie and pics, Thank you. Please explain the details of the Handlebar Mirrors shown on the Silver RT?

Rgrds,

Kevin

Nice thread, nice topic, great pictures.

Kevin, I'm sure Jamie will tell you that the handlebar mirrors are a must on the RT when carrying a passenger or a duffle on the rear seat area. The fairing mirrors are too low and you can't see behind you.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Birthday to the love of my life! clap.gif

It's been a long and winding road with some challenging twists and turns--sometimes bumpy but usually smooth sailing through beautiful country. And the ride goes on! cool.gif

Archived