IGNORED

Redbrick Is On The Block........

Redbrick

Ol' Redbrick, the trusty K75RT, will be moving on to another owner... After 2 years of real enjoyment aboard, I have moved on to an almost new 1200RT (also red) and we are in the process of getting to know each other....I'll spare you the superlatives you've already heard, but it is a really great ride........

As I rode Redbrick (the original) over to the bike last shop last Saturday to put on the floor and sold like a slave I almost shed a tear knowing it was our last ride........I haven't had a lot of bikes, and they were mostly dirt types, but the K75 was the best by a large margin in total pleasure..Like most who have owned K75's I'm sure I'll always say "shoulda' kept it", or something like that, just like those guys that saw me on it, came over and said...."Worst thing I ever did was sell my K75" ..

I wanted to thank all of you out there that answered my quiries about the little brick in the past couple of years..You have been really helpful and patient answering questions you've heard many times before...And thanks to the moderators for putting up with a kind of interloper as the site is really for Big Daddy K1200 types.....

So, I've moved up a couple of knotches to the Hexhead site and will visit here often....Still Redbrick, but a new Redbrick....Oh, oh......Not really a brick is it.........A

Thanks again.......

Phil.............Redbrick

As I rode Redbrick (the original) over to the bike last shop last Saturday to put on the floor and sold like a slave I almost shed a tear...

Almost??? eek.gif

You got some cold blood, don't ya? wink.gif

Phil, I'm sad to hear of your bike's passing beyond your relationship with it. It evokes similar memories for me. I've had several bikes I've worked with over the years that seemed to fit in so well with what I did with them, and how their positive and easy response to my calls were met much like a horse-friend would. Whether one would view such bikes as having a personality or not, they certainly have a beingness that one can tap into. Such Connections are valuable to us, and their passing is a loss of that.

I look at life as a process, and a new bike as part of it's next phase. The joys and sorrows of that new phase, and everything between, are all possible because of where we stood when we embarked upon that next phase. The people and objects, and how we've interacted with them, the experiences we now possess are what that stepping stone rests upon. What's afoot is building a new stepping stone, a whole new set of experiences that bring us to change and grow. There's a new bike to help with building those new experiences, that one day will be able to be looked back upon as old ones, old ones we value greatly.

So, I hope you'll take the time now to savor what's been added to your life by living with Red Brick (I), all those experiences, and to mark the significant ones well. The ones you choose will be the signposts of you, a special rider who really cares about riding and the bikes they ride.

Best wishes.

Archived