IGNORED

Larger Diameter Lines for In-Tank

Claudio

I purchased some submersible grade fuel lines from EME along with some new parts to rebuild my fuel pump assembly.

I was hoping to replace the vent lines inside the tank while I am at it. (the two longer ones that go up to the fuel filler vent. The lines I bought (http://www.euromotoelectrics.com/product-p/fp-hose040.htm) indicate they can be used in the tank of an R1150RT but they are larger than the specification.

Kit: 8mm inner, 13mm outer.

OEM: 5mm inner, 10mm outer.

Wondering if I can use these to replace those smaller ones as I believe these these are just vent / overfill drain lines and not under pressure? (ie., would the larger diameter be a problem?)

I purchased some submersible grade fuel lines from EME along with some new parts to rebuild my fuel pump assembly.

I was hoping to replace the vent lines inside the tank while I am at it. (the two longer ones that go up to the fuel filler vent. The lines I bought (http://www.euromotoelectrics.com/product-p/fp-hose040.htm) indicate they can be used in the tank of an R1150RT but they are larger than the specification.

Kit: 8mm inner, 13mm outer.

OEM: 5mm inner, 10mm outer.

Wondering if I can use these to replace those smaller ones as I believe these these are just vent / overfill drain lines and not under pressure? (ie., would the larger diameter be a problem?)

Evening Claudio

The large diameter might be difficult to route through the tank.

Even if you can route them correctly you still would need to find a way to attach them securely (you can't just clamp an 8mm hose down on a 5mm fitting).

Any leaks in those hoses (at any time in the future) could lead to a garage full of raw fuel on the floor when parked overnight.

Even though those hoses are just water drain & vent they DO pass through the tank of gasoline so any leaks in the attachment to the pump pass through can allow gasoline to leak out of the tank.

Yep. That was my gut feel as well. I'll pick up the correct size.

Now...to find a source for them amongst the forum posts...