IGNORED

Finally Did It

Medic Mike

I did not have any left over Screws/Bolts! I do not normally wrench on my machine due to lack of skill and time. I can work on a barely alive human in the back of a moving vehicle at 80MPH but cannot for the life of me work on my bike...anyways. When I picked up by 11 RT from the dealership they placed my GPS mount on a Techmount that I had on a previous bike. Over the past few weeks that Techmount has become lose and the GPS was moving all over the place. The bike came with a Ram Mount attached to a shelf just above the dash, so...I thought to myself on a recent ride, why not move it. So, after four hours (again I am below basic), some banged up knuckles and was able to successfully move the GPS wiring to the Ram Mount...and it works! Plus, every place a bolt/screw was supposed to be had one and for the first time ever....I did not have one left over.

So, now I wait for my GPS to catch fire, least the bike is insured.

Mike

Hey Mike...if you can learn to be a medic, you can learn to be basic mechanical skills. What you know is a lot more complicated and important. One big tip. Make a picture on a piece of cardboard of all the screw holes. Punch a tiny hole just big enough to hold the screw you take out. Put the screw in the cardboard. Even if you don't fix things...you will be able to use the cardboard cut out to know how to put everything back....Also cell phone picture is worth a thousand head scratches.

Edited by Skywagon
Bill_Walker

The nice thing about working on bikes, compared to working on humans, is that you don't have to do the work with the engine running.

That would have been a great ride out and back to the Cove. I keep thinking you are closer to Charlotte than Winston-Salem.

I guess it is better to find an extra part working on a bike than a person....

Hank R1200RT

+1 on the cardboard. #2 son is following that practice and it works well, particularly when one has to stop and start again in the middle of the job on the next weekend. And more reliable than memory pills...

That would have been a great ride out and back to the Cove. I keep thinking you are closer to Charlotte than Winston-Salem.

I guess it is better to find an extra part working on a bike than a person....

I'm at what I call the gateway to the Blue Ridge just an hour away is the parkway. I've got fun riding all around me ;)

Well, I spoke too soon about my new found "mechanical" abilities. I took the bike to work a 24 hour EMS shift because it is a great ride out to this station. After daily chores and truck checks were done, it was time to wash the bike up a little. That was when I noticed my mirror glass was missing on the right side. I guess I did not pop it back in hard enough.

So...$68.50 for a new mirror glass and I will be back to "normal".

Mike