IGNORED

Hotel recommendation for Vancouver Oct 2018

Steve1962

Ok all,

Would like to pick yer brains.......wife and I are going to Canada in Sept next year and are looking to stay in Vancouver for three nights (Oct 1st to 3rd inclusive) before we fly back.

Can anyone recommend reasonably priced hotel or B and B in the area.

Thanks.

Steve

No real help from me but it's a beautiful city. Enjoy your visit.

Marty,

Thanks - in 2014 we had a 3 wk stay in western Canada - flew into Calgary, drove over the Rockies to Vancouver (stayed in various places along the way inc Jasper and Banff) before heading onto the island for a few days then back to Vancouver to fly home.

Were originally thinking of going again this year but the 150th anniversary put paid to that as everywhere was booked up so early, and prices were astronomical.

So, we are going next year but trying to be a bit more frugal.

Steve

You've seen some of the best of western Canada. Enjoy your next visit, it truly is a beautiful area. :wave:

Hi Steve:

I used to go to Vancouver a lot when my son lived there, but not for the last five years.

With the new Canada Line it is possible to stay outside the central core and yet have easy access to the downtown/False Creek area/Stanley Park. I would look for a B&B or Inn or Air BnB in the Oakridge or South Cambie area. I've used bedandbreakfast.com with some success in the past.

Mike Cassidy

Hi Steve:

I used to go to Vancouver a lot when my son lived there, but not for the last five years.

With the new Canada Line it is possible to stay outside the central core and yet have easy access to the downtown/False Creek area/Stanley Park. I would look for a B&B or Inn or Air BnB in the Oakridge or South Cambie area. I've used bedandbreakfast.com with some success in the past.

Mike Cassidy

Mike,

Will do.

Thanks very much.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Vancouver, so I never stay in hotels here. But the one I have always wanted to stay in is the Sylvia. Astounding location and view. Great bar. Classic older building. Pay for the view side.

I live in Vancouver, so I never stay in hotels here. But the one I have always wanted to stay in is the Sylvia. Astounding location and view. Great bar. Classic older building. Pay for the view side.

Ron,

That looks like a nice hotel, thanks.

We've now booked all our accommodation for the trip, can't wait to get back there!!

Steve

Edited by Steve1962