IGNORED

Front Main Ball joint

dougied

hi guys, struggling to find a cheap front brace ball joint for my r1150rt does anyone know if theres an alternative that fits another bike part number re OEM is 31422311409, Somethings loose up front but cant find what so maybe this thanks in advance Dougie

hi guys, struggling to find a cheap front brace ball joint for my r1150rt does anyone know if theres an alternative that fits another bike part number re OEM is 31422311409, Somethings loose up front but cant find what so maybe this thanks in advance Dougie

Morning Dougie

First, make sure that it isn't your brake rotors rattling (common).

I can't help you on the ball joint but try calling Beemer Boneyard as maybe they have a suggestion.

Or maybe try a used control arm off of Flea Bay.

Dougied -

First follow dirtrider's good advice.

Then, if necessary -

Go to RealOEM and put your part number in the search box. Voila!

Edited by TheOtherLee

I'm sure others will have other information, but in the 13 years I was a parts manager at a bmw dealership, I cant recall a ball joint wearing out.

They can be damaged in an accident, or if your rubber dust boot was torn around the ball joint, the boot isn't available separate, the joint would have to be replaced.

In a big off road impact, normally the a-arm could bend or the joint could be bent, I guess.

I'm sure in a couple hundred thousand miles there could be wear so nothing is impossible.

Edit : a part number is a part number. If a part fits 5 different models, they will share the same number.

So on a shelf, there will not be two parts next to each other that are identical with different part numbers unless one is say, chrome or a different color or a superseded item.

Edited by Tri750
I'm sure others will have other information, but in the 13 years I was a parts manager at a bmw dealership, I cant recall a ball joint wearing out.

+1