IGNORED

handlebar lifters?

DavidMantle

DavidMantle

I have recently fitted some handlebar lifters - the sort that bolt directly to the top yolk ( triple tree ) and that the bars bolt to. The idea being to lift and set back my bars for comfort. Fit perfectly but when I turn bars lock to lock they catch the front edge of the tank upper fairing. Any suggestions as to how alleviate this?. I can only think of grinding back some metal in order to create the clearance needed.

My bike is a 1998 R1100RT.

Edited by DavidMantle
szurszewski

There is some play in how the tank is mounted. I'd start by trying to see if I could move it back.

The risers I bought were listed as bike-specific.

Not knowing if this applies to your cycle, but on the R1100RT the gas tank position is adjustable but the side fairings are not--front to rear. So, when having to remove the tank, it is a good idea to mark the bracket to assure exact placement, or have a good memory.

Roger is correct, the tank can move but the holes wont line up for the tupperware. Thats why people have problems installing the screws. I leave my tank movable until I install the left side then I tighten down the tank.

DavidMantle

Ended up using the good old grinder to remove some meat off the lower handelbar shoulder. Barely touches the Tupperware . Taking her for a ride tomorrow ( working later this evening. If all goes well I will dismantle it and polish out any marks . But looks OK even as it is.