IGNORED

Audio on R1150 RT-P through GPS

twstm

I would like to pipe some music through my 2002 R1150 RT-P's fairing speakers. I do have a Garmin StreetPilot 2820 with XM and MP3's.

Do I need an amplifier or other player to run my audio out from my StreetPilot? Or would I be better off getting a Marine Radio and mounting in the glovebox?

If there is no stereo (RT-P's generally didn't have them) You would need an amplifier.

Some people have used This one with success.

Are you certain the speakers are there ?? Again,, the RT-P thing.

The Streetpilot is probably not Bluetooth capable? I'd say forget the bike speakers and go with a Sena SMH10 or 10s helmet intercom system. Phone calls, text, music, passenger intercom all piped into your helmet. Pretty amazing and I'll almost guarantee you'll never listen to music through motorcycle speakers again.

Pat

If there is no stereo (RT-P's generally didn't have them) You would need an amplifier.

Some people have used This one with success.

Are you certain the speakers are there ?? Again,, the RT-P thing.

I'm pretty sure the speakers are there. I haven't removed the cover but I can see the cone through the grille.

The Streetpilot is probably not Bluetooth capable? I'd say forget the bike speakers and go with a Sena SMH10 or 10s helmet intercom system. Phone calls, text, music, passenger intercom all piped into your helmet. Pretty amazing and I'll almost guarantee you'll never listen to music through motorcycle speakers again.

Pat

The StreetPilot does have Bluetooth but from what I remember it is not stereo. I had it connected to a Scala rider on another bike and found that music inside the helmet made me somehow less aware of my surroundings. I did like being able to use my phone through the helmet though..but when I did I was almost always stationary.

With the Sena you can hear text messages also?

Yes, you press the phone button and ask Siri (Apple) to read your text. I believe you get a ping when a text comes in. Or just ask to read new text. Also, ask to text "Jim" and then just dictate your message and send it off.

Sounds silly but I wear earplugs and crank the volume on the Sena. Road noise is less but I can hear what I need to hear and still listen to music.

Pat

Yes, you press the phone button and ask Siri (Apple) to read your text. I believe you get a ping when a text comes in. Or just ask to read new text. Also, ask to text "Jim" and then just dictate your message and send it off.

Sounds silly but I wear earplugs and crank the volume on the Sena. Road noise is less but I can hear what I need to hear and still listen to music.

Pat

A little test this morning, no ping when I received a text. You have to ask to read new text and Siri will do that. If she's in the mood of course. :grin:

Pat