IGNORED

LED turn signal lights R1150RT

Haynes

I purchased some turn signal lamps with an array of 19 LED in each. Very bright!

I have an anomoly with the connection of them that may be something to do with the wiring specific to the RT.

Each LED bulb works in the RH rear indicator bulb holder. Neither will work in the left housing although any other bulb in that same holder operates perfectly.

I have measured all bulbs and holders and all seems to be connecting.

Is their some difference between the LH/RH indicator wiring that I don't know about? Have I missed something very obvious?

Stan Walker

It's possible that power and ground are reversed on the socket. It wouldn't matter to a regular bulb, but will to a led bulb.

Stan

How fundamentally stupid of me Stan. I was quickly returning to the computer to report my stupidity when you've beaten me to it. teeth.gifteeth.gif

Kevin,

I ordered them from an website here in Australia. http://www.ledshoponline.com/automotive_leds1156.htm

They are extremely bright when viewed from straight on but not so good when viewed from the side. I have not yet installed one as a brake light as I will need to buy a resistor to increase the load on the circuit. The current draw of the LED bulb is so low that the computer treats it as a blown bulb. Increasing the current draw simulates the load of real bulb. When it's all done, I'll report back and perhaps post some picture comparisons of old/new.

Keith did you replace all 4 globes with LED's?

I tried replacing just the rear 2 and found they flashed twice as fast, same sort of thing as a blown globe.

Did you add any resistors and if so what size?

Cheers.

Archived