IGNORED

What would you do?

RTCHIEF

Traded for a 2004 RTP in 2010. Finished out getting the correct civilian tupperware on it and painted grey. Then I found out the bike had a bad title. Off and on since then I have grabbed all the work I could. Then two years ago health issues came and I couldn't change out the upper frame with a good one I bought. It ran a year ago. I can't bring myself to part it out. (the 04 RTP has the Adventure gear box. A slow first and sixth gear along with a slower geared final drive). I don't want to break it. What would you do, or how would you price it?

RTCHIEF@aol.com

You state that it has a bad title. Do you mean that it has a salvage title? Or, that the bike was stolen?

If it is a salvage title, then the bike was designated to be parted out. Some people will find a new frame with a valid title and reframe the bike. But, that is a lot of work.

'04's w/good titles are selling for low prices.

You don't mention mileage, but an RTP, w/salvage title and hybridization doesn't have a lot of value unless...

you part it out, or find someone who needs a lot of it and will take it as is, use it for their needs.

$et a low price and eventually it will sting less.

Best wishes.

medium800.jpg

The black section is what constitutes an R1150RT for registration purposes. Everything else is just parts with no connection to the VIN.

If you have a clear title for the bike that used to be attached to this you could move all the components from a non-titled/stolen/salvaged bike to this and have something that could be registered or sold as a bike with a clear title.

It is possible that the value of the reconstituted bike would have been worth the effort when the bikes were new enough, but in any case that is a lot of work!

I have a good frame and title to change out the bad title. I'd throw that in the deal. You only need to change out the upper frame to change the serial number. I have been off work for two years with A-fib. Between low energy and depression I haven't touched the bike. Thought maybe someone might be interested it in it as a project bike.

The bad title was caused by it being plated in Georgia which requires a bill of sale and a title transfer of which previous owners couldn't or wouldn't provide.