IGNORED

Crush washers for R1100RS service

Bubbadozer

Can I get the crush washers from local auto parts retailer? What sizes will I need to conduct a service of oil, final drive etc?

Thx

Unfortunately I have struck out at auto parts, metric bike shops, and specialty fastener supply in my local area on finding any of the crush washers😬

Unfortunately I have struck out at auto parts, metric bike shops, and specialty fastener supply in my local area on finding any of the crush washers😬

Evening Scott

Well, then you will probably need to buy from BMW, or buy on-line, or reuse the old ones. If I don't abuse the crush washers then I usually get two or three uses before replacement. If you don't know the history of last use, or if they were over-tightened, then it's best to replace.

Regarding the rush washers, do they have to be exact, or can they be for instance, 16x21 instead of 20?

Regarding the rush washers, do they have to be exact, or can they be for instance, 16x21 instead of 20?

Afternoon Scott

They need to be pretty exact on the ID, the OD can usually be off a millimeter or so & still work OK.

Hello, Bubbadozer -

I have had good luck with Bel Metric in Tyngsboro, MA (wherever that is).

I just ordered a bunch (they're not expensive) and keep them on hand.

If you order a Mahle OC91D oil filter, it comes as a "kit" with 5 crush washers. The OC91 filter is just the filter. This is the same as the OEM filter.

I gave up on those drippy crush washers. 3 or 4 wraps of plumbers tft tape. No more drips or expensive washers to track down.