IGNORED

Old school GPS question... weird addresses up here in Wisconsin!

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

Soooooo.... I have a Garmin 2720. Yes, I know. I should have upgraded about 5 years ago. Whatever, it still works. :)

So, here's my problem. For some reason the 2720 doesn't like the cryptic addresses they have in the area for rural locations. For example....

My insurance person is at...

W175N11163 Stonewood Dr, Ste 229

Germantown, WI

Google has no problem finding that, but Garmin doesn't know what to do with it when just punching it into the GPS. Of course I can go into the software (Mapsource) and find something close to get me there, but I can't punch it directly into the GPS.

Does anyone know any tricks or hacks for punching in that kind of address to the 2720 so it might recognize it?

Thanks in advance for your help! Yes, this is a serious post. lol. :)

Shawn

Soooooo.... I have a Garmin 2720. Yes, I know. I should have upgraded about 5 years ago. Whatever, it still works. :)

So, here's my problem. For some reason the 2720 doesn't like the cryptic addresses they have in the area for rural locations. For example....

Germantown, WI

Google has no problem finding that, but Garmin doesn't know what to do with it when just punching it into the GPS. Of course I can go into the software (Mapsource) and find something close to get me there, but I can't punch it directly into the GPS.

Does anyone know any tricks or hacks for punching in that kind of address to the 2720 so it might recognize it?

Afternoon Shawn

To me that is the worst part of older Garman GPS's, the search doesn't work worth a darn.

You will just have to try different things until you get it to work then remember that for future look-up's.

On an address like --W175N11163 Stonewood Dr, Ste 229 Germantown, WI -- I usually drop the (W) & drop the (Dr)

& drop the (Ste 229) as those usually confuse the search function.

By dropping the (W) & Dr) that usually gives you an address list THEN you can choose the (W) & choose the (Dr). If you do use things like N,E,W, or S then type it out as North, East, West, or South as the GPS usually can't understand the single letter.

Lone_RT_rider

Germantown, WI

Afternoon Shawn

To me that is the worst part of older Garman GPS's, the search doesn't work worth a darn.

You will just have to try different things until you get it to work then remember that for future look-up's.

On an address like --W175N11163 Stonewood Dr, Ste 229 Germantown, WI -- I usually drop the (W) & drop the (Dr)

& drop the (Ste 229) as those usually confuse the search function.

By dropping the (W) & Dr) that usually gives you an address list THEN you can choose the (W) & choose the (Dr). If you do use things like N,E,W, or S then type it out as North, East, West, or South as the GPS usually can't understand the single letter.

I also tried 11163 Stonewood Dr, Germantown, WI 53022 in google. That works just as well. I will try that in the Garmin when I get home. That drops the W175N part of the address.

Shawn