IGNORED

CD Ripper needed

doc47

Where can I download a program that will rip CDs to MP3 to store on my computer?

I don't seem to have Windows Media Player anymore, which used to do it for me. I tried to download Media Player 11 but each time it tells me there is a more recent version of Media Player on my machine. Can't see it in any listing of programs, though. Perhaps there are some leftover files from Media Player still in the machine that are blocking the download.

In any case, can someone recommend perhaps a freestanding program that will do the job?

Doc,

Which version of Windows?

What happens if you insert a CD into your system? If Media Player is installed, it might auto-start if an audio CD is inserted.

Otherwise, I use iTunes for Windows. It rips and plays and organizes. Some people don't care for Apple products though.

Also, take a look at foobar2000.

Brian

Edited by mnTwin

I've been using MediaMonkey for about eight years to handle ripping, converting and maintaining my mp3 collection.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

You may have just lost your shortcut. Try pressing the Windows key and typing "Media Player".

It should be at "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" in

a 32 bit computer, or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" in a 64 bit system.

Edited by lkraus

You may have just lost your shortcut. Try pressing the Windows key and typing "Media Player".

Tried it. The name comes up on the screen but when I click on it nothing happens.

I have VLC and will check out the link on how to rip with it. Many thanks.

Edited by doc47

If you use iTunes, be sure to change your ripping preferences in options to mp3. It defaults to Apple's proprietary aac format.