IGNORED

Axle Rod Gap - Normal?

Imgnr

Hello,

My bike has a gap between arm on final drive case (1) and the eye in the rear axle rod (I think that's what its called) (12). Is this normal? Did the PO forget to put on a washer? Was there a wear item (rubber/plastic bushing, etc.) that might've fallen or worn off?

Thank you!

20170617_1149211.jpg

B0004074.png

Hi Imgnr.

There IS meant to be a gap on the outer section of the arms. Those arms pinch against the inner section of the 'metalastic' bush (item 14). If the arms are tight onto the central metal part of that bush, you are all good.

Hello,

My bike has a gap between arm on final drive case (1) and the eye in the rear axle rod (I think that's what its called) (12). Is this normal? Did the PO forget to put on a washer? Was there a wear item (rubber/plastic bushing, etc.) that might've fallen or worn off?

Morning Imgnr

As mentioned that gap is needed as the final drive moves in relation to the torque arm.

Just look on the inside to see if the gap is about the same there as you show on the outside. (should be close)

If the gap is greatly different then the bushing is probably not properly centered in the final drive housing.