IGNORED

Amazon hack.

I'm in the middle of a CNC project and broke a specialized bit. Needed another fast, like yesterday. Went on Amazon, found the bit and ordered one with next day delivery. Extra $3.99 for next day. Then I ordered 2 more with regular delivery as back ups.

Amazon consolidated the order and sent all 3 next day at no additional charge.

May only work for same items coming from the same warehouse? Don't know. In this case, they were shipped from Phoenix last night and are on the truck for delivery here this morning. :clap:

YMMV

Dennis Andress

If you're shopping for something, say a ~$150 tool, and a big box store has it on special. Go by the store and take a picture of the price tag with your phone. Most likely Amazon will match the price the next time you look the item up.

Shiny Side Up
I'm in the middle of a CNC project and broke a specialized bit. Needed another fast, like yesterday. Went on Amazon, found the bit and ordered one with next day delivery. Extra $3.99 for next day. Then I ordered 2 more with regular delivery as back ups.

Amazon consolidated the order and sent all 3 next day at no additional charge.

May only work for same items coming from the same warehouse? Don't know. In this case, they were shipped from Phoenix last night and are on the truck for delivery here this morning. :clap:

YMMV

Some guys have all the luck... Wait - wasn't that a song??

Dave McReynolds

We're leaving for a trip to Vancouver tomorrow. Yesterday I came across some trailer levelers that I thought were really neat. I found them on Amazon. I ordered them at about 9 AM, and they were at my door at about 8:30 PM the same day. Shipping charges = $0 under my prime membership. Evidently, now that they have bought Whole Foods, they plan to do the same thing with groceries and other things Whole Foods sells. Wonder if I get hungry for a sandwich mid-morning if they would have it to my door in time for lunch?

szurszewski
Wonder if I get hungry for a sandwich mid-morning if they would have it to my door in time for lunch?

In Portland, and other "Prime Now" cities, they're already doing that.

So, the guy with the sidecar posts...

"Amazon hack"

:P

Really?

Big disappoinment.

:grin:

Yep, delivery is a world of its own at times.

Edited by tallman
Wonder if I get hungry for a sandwich mid-morning if they would have it to my door in time for lunch?

In Portland, and other "Prime Now" cities, they're already doing that.

Our latest apartment complex under construction is designed with a "Drone Landing Pad" for package delivery located behind the mail kiosk. It's coming, folks.