IGNORED

Basic bluetooth comms.

ssn717

Looking for a system to pair with my Android phone to make phone calls. I really don't have much more use for it than that. I ride solo nearly 100% of the time, no pillion, and not interested in listening to music or GPS while I ride.

From my research it seems Sena systems are considered some of the best, but pricey for what I am looking to accomplish.

Any good recommendations out there? Thanks

John in VA

I've used Sena SMH10, 10S and 20S for years. Best justification for their price for me is that they just work without fail although I've only used them with iPhones. Maybe look on eBay for a used SMH10?

If that's all you really need, an occasional phone call, perhaps just a simple b.t. pair of earbuds would fit the bill, instead of a full blown moto comm system. I have some, that I listen to music with. They fit in the helmet, and I've had success with phone calls. Although I doubt it'd work so hot with high speed wind noise (microphone is in the cord). I can turn them on, off, vol +/-, play/stop, f.f./rew, and answer calls with just the 3 buttons on the cord. Phone stays in the pocket.

I think I have the older version of THESE. Different models have different shapes and larger ones interfere with donning the helmet. Try a few out see if they fit inside your brain bucket. Most any walmart, kmart, target etc. has them.

Corded versions are much cheaper and do all the same stuff if you want to try out the concept without laying out a lot of dough. You could prolly find cheapies for around $10

Oh, if you go the earbud route, pull off the rubber mushrooms, and carefully superglue them back onto the speakers, or you'll be down under your bike, in a dark parking lot, looking for a little black marble. And then buying another pair the next day... (DAMHIK)

Edited by elkroeger

Sena SMH 5 or the newer SMH 5 FM,little brother to the SMH 10.

The 5 FM comes with better speakers and of course FM receiver.

$100-125 new thru a number of sites.

JR356