IGNORED

New Bike Reveal Live

TEWKS

fourteenfour

Damn, Nine hundred fifty pounds. I wonder which twin tourer will break one thousand first, HD or Indian. What is it with these twin touring bikes, more weight is not better. My Road King is a 800 fatty, handles well but I can dream what it would be like at 700 or LESS

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/transcontinental-touring/models/2018/star-venture

Edited by CommuterChris

I am at Americade and saw it live and in person last night. Was a well done event and we were all impressed with the bike. Does not look that massive like the last Venture. Lighting looks impressive too. Funny the optional road lights are Denali 2's Today we will get a closer look and sit on it. We were surprised how much we all liked it but also that it is air cooled. Lots of BMWesque features

realshelby

"Class leading fuel capacity" 6.6 gallons. "Easily reaching 200 miles between fill ups". The only time I get less than 200 miles on a tank is when cruising at an actual 85+ mph on the RT.

Air Cooled? Really? I can imagine the heat off this thing. At least with coolant radiators you can direct the engine heat away from the rider.

9.5 compression, air cooled, very heavy. Very old tech from what I see. I could live with the belt drive. I do like the looks. Don't like the forward controls. I should just realize this is ONLY aimed at Harley-Davidson owners and forget about it.

I would LOVE to see a new high tech Gold Wing come out......

Shiny Side Up

Forward controls kill it for me - can't stand up and stretch my legs while on the go... Belt drive - meh.

Looks and design are old school and Harley-esque...

But - I bet Yamaha will sell a lot of them - just not my cup-o-tea.

fourteenfour
Forward controls kill it for me - can't stand up and stretch my legs while on the go... Belt drive - meh.

forward controls aren't much of a concern if you are touring, instead its open area of the floor boards that matters as you need to move your legs around so I really don't get your complaint, in fact my RT had the problem of nowhere to go.

Very comfortable with lots of room to stretch. Power windshield and lots of storage space. Really can't form an opinion until I ride it but looks like that will. E Americade 2018. Really really simple maintenance with the belt drive and hydraulic valves. Good fuel tank size but poor mileage st 37 mpg. All in al they did a nice job with this bike for what it is.

Shiny Side Up

forward controls aren't much of a concern if you are touring,

IBA - LD Rider - that's why I don't like forward controls.

Supper rides or commuting - they work fine. Just my opinion.