IGNORED

RT Pannier Locksets?

TJRL

I have a set of 2014 R1200RT panniers which are open but do not have a key.

Does anyone know how to remove the lockset (without the key) so that I can rekey these panniers to my bikes key?

Asymmetrical

There are quite a few YouTube videos on this subject - some pertaining to your model and some about top cases or other models. I cannot vouch for any of them, but the linked video below may work for you. Good luck.

Many thanks Asymmetrical, I had found that vid but so far it has not worked for me. I guess I am too ham fisted!!

I have one of the panniers in bits so if there is a method that has to be done from inside I am ready to go. I will try the "lock pick" version again later to see if I have more luck.

Look for the videos done by Classic Cycle Connection (me) . The tool I make is from a bit of hacksaw blade .

Your locks are likely VIN specific so you'll have to file or grind the high wafers down rather than replace them.

Just be sure you flush the metal bits out well and lube before re-inserting.

Edited by Tri750

Tri750,

Any chance you could confirm the location (link / URL) as I have been unable to find it?

Many thanks

Here's is a link to the tool explanation.

There is a related video of the tool removing the lock from a topcase. (2006)

The points to remember are to lube the cylinder before attempting removal and that in working the cylinder the locking wafer can face 1 of 2 directions. So if no success , flip bag over and work from that position.

My email address is Tri750@hotmail.com if you would like detailed pictures of the tool.

Edited by Tri750
Here's is a link to the tool explanation.

There is a related video of the tool removing the lock from a topcase. (2006)

The points to remember are to lube the cylinder before attempting removal and that in working the cylinder the locking wafer can face 1 of 2 directions. So if no success , flip bag over and work from that position.

My email address is Tri750@hotmail.com if you would like detailed pictures of the tool.

Many thanks, both locks now pulled out!