IGNORED

Hexhead R1200RT Mirrors - from China- have you tried them?

Dimond

Has anyone purchased a set of mirrors for their R1200RT hexhead from China? And if so, were you satisfied. These sell for less than $140 a set on eBay as compared to about $600 a set at the dealer - I am tempted! Thanks.

PS - Searching for 'RZMotto R1200RT Mirrors' will bring up a set - or you can try the following ebay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-View-Side-Mirrors-Left-Right-For-BMW-R1200RT-2005-2006-2007-2008-2011-/252919030503?hash=item3ae32622e7:g:cGcAAOSwdjNZCtyt&vxp=mtr

• 3 weeks later...

Get some K1200RS mirrors and enjoy the view behind you, the stock RT mirrors kinda suck.

Not my bike but you get the gist.

30452d1298040780-extra-mirrors-r1200rt-img_1109-1024x768-.jpg

The Rocketman

I tried the K1200RS mirrors on my '09RT. While they really looked fantastic, I couldn't get them adjusted wide out enough to see behind me or further out sideways no matter what I tried without breaking them. I saw a nice view of my elbows, and that was about it. So I ordered these from Wunderlich, and have been very pleased since.

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=WA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=8410053

Edited by The Rocketman
I tried the K1200RS mirrors on my '09RT. While they really looked fantastic, I couldn't get them adjusted wide out enough to see behind me or further out sideways no matter what I tried without breaking them. I saw a nice view of my elbows, and that was about it. So I ordered these from Wunderlich, and have been very pleased since.

Afternoon Rocketman

If you look closely at the above K1200RS

mirrors they have been modified to look farther

out (the bases & stalks don't line up). Usually

just a second dimple drilled for the locator detent.

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=WA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=8410053

Hmm, I have mine set so that I can watch a person walk from my outside left to outside right and only will miss you if you are directly behind me and too close. At riding distance, I can see completely left to right.

FYI - I need a set of mirrors to fill the gap where the OEM mirrors once were before they were damaged. BTW - OEM mirrors are useless as I can not see much - which is why I use an aftermarket handle bar mount set of mirrors (about $50) which work very well.

I do the same, need extra handlebar mirrors. And with bar backs, they are a must.

The Chinese ones are good for filling the hole but I only use them when I am backing up. LOL!

• 1 month later...

FYI - Bought a set on ebay from seller XFWLKJ. Seller price was around $134 but (at the time) it was on a 'Make an Offer' basis - ended up paying $126. The OEM set would have cost (nearly) $400. They shipped from Germany and arrived 2 weeks later. I am very satisfied with my purchase. Plug and play - but this time I added a small tether so they stay close in case they pop-off again. I only use these mirrors for blind spot traffic - my handlebar mirrors are my 'workhorse' mirrors. Thank to all that responded.