IGNORED

R1150R doesn

jmbiker

Good morning.

I own a R1150R, running acceptabily well for 153.000 km.

Last year I repaired the abs/servobrake module, and I changed the crankshaft pickups (magnetic reed captors), due to wiring damages.

The last issue I got, it only happens sometimes, when the engine is warm (!), during city driving.

After arriving to my destination, I swicht off the engine, using the keys or the right-hand switch, extend the side stand, and, when I need to restart... It doesn´t

The engine noise shows it runs correctly, I check de sparks, the intensity /voltage seems to be correct, BUT they look dry. As if they don´t get fuel supply.

Due to the servo brake engines noise duning the initial checking, I can´t listen if the fuel pump starts.

It only takes place sometimes, maybe only 1/20 times, and never when the engine is cold in the morning or really hot, after a highway drive.

After a while (maybe half an hour), the engine starts normally. And iddles / runs without problems.

After reading about the "killer tie wrap" in the front, I removed all them, but it seems no wire was (apparently) damaged.

The engine never stops during normal using, so I don´t suspect on side stand switch or clutch or neutral switches

The bike has not suffered any crash, pressure washing, or so. All the liquid levels and filters are ok.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

(maybe my english is not good enough. I beg your pardon) :facepalm:

The Kawi I used to ride had a similar problem; it would run great. I'd go into a store or something, come out, the engine would spin, but not start. Everything seemed normal. I had the battery load tested, bad battery. New one. Everything good for a while. Then it started again. It passed all common alternator tests, but it left me stranded three times. Shop can find nothing wrong. Turns out to be an intermittent alternator problem. $400! It seems the battery can be strong enough to spin the mill, but not spark it up. Make sure alternator putting out.

Good morning.

I own a R1150R, running acceptabily well for 153.000 km.

Last year I repaired the abs/servobrake module, and I changed the crankshaft pickups (magnetic reed captors), due to wiring damages.

The last issue I got, it only happens sometimes, when the engine is warm (!), during city driving.

After arriving to my destination, I swicht off the engine, using the keys or the right-hand switch, extend the side stand, and, when I need to restart... It doesn´t

The engine noise shows it runs correctly, I check de sparks, the intensity /voltage seems to be correct, BUT they look dry. As if they don´t get fuel supply.

Due to the servo brake engines noise duning the initial checking, I can´t listen if the fuel pump starts.

It only takes place sometimes, maybe only 1/20 times, and never when the engine is cold in the morning or really hot, after a highway drive.

After a while (maybe half an hour), the engine starts normally. And iddles / runs without problems.

After reading about the "killer tie wrap" in the front, I removed all them, but it seems no wire was (apparently) damaged.

The engine never stops during normal using, so I don´t suspect on side stand switch or clutch or neutral switches

The bike has not suffered any crash, pressure washing, or so. All the liquid levels and filters are ok.

Any idea?

Afternoon jmbiker

Is the starter cranking the engine over OK when it won't start?

Dry spark plugs on a hot might not tell you much as the spark plugs are still pretty hot so fuel evaporates off the plugs very quickly.

Have you tried to open the fuel filler cap after riding hot to see if you hear a big air rush or whoosh? (might be a plugged evap system or plugged fuel tank vent)

If it cranks over OK then your problem could be a lack of spark, or lack of fuel, or both.

About all you can do is check for spark & check for injector fuel squirt when it is actually acting up.