IGNORED

Woes of bad day........and a company that support it's consumer!

Robert Mayrand

Robert Mayrand

I got to share this with the board. When I bought my '98 r1100rt a few month back, I immediatly bought a few parts to make it more reliable taking advice from this board. Bought an HES, and all the hardware and hose in the tank to replace and avoid getting stranded on the sid of the road. I ordered a lot of parts from euromotoelectrics (EME).The first thing i did when I got the bike was to remove the fuel tank and open it to replace all the hose. I was quite happy i did it, because i saw on the bills that came with the bike that the u shape hose was replace for 5$. And yes, it was replace by a simple injection hose, not rated for immersion, and not even shape like a u, but simply bent with a kink in it. I replace them all with the hose that I got from EME. Rode about 500miles than the engine splutters and backfire and all break loose, the engine was turning but shaking like hell! Making a long story short, the new hose in the tank blew to pieces. Contacted EME, they told me they just been told that those hose were not for immersion and retired them from their inventory. I was quite pissed off, after 100$ towing charge and all the trouble of trying to avoid what just happened. But Norman at EME, offer me to refund my order wich included a lot of other parts, and send me bmw replacement at no charge. I know that this was their mistake and they were responsible, but nobody is perfect, but what is more important is how They quickly resolve the issue, and took care of me. It's really appreciated. Customer service is not always up to the challenge these days and age, but today altoug the woes sore high, I felt good after all! Oh, and by the way, before I realised that it was the hose that failed, I replace the HES just in case.....I hope this one is good!

Edited by Robert Mayrand
Eckhard Grohe

Sorry to hear about your problems but I am glad EME stood up for the product they sold and replaced it. Good on them.

Have a great riding season.

Making a long story short, the new hose in the tank blew to pieces. Contacted EME, they told me they just been told that those hose were not for immersion and retired them from their inventory.

Hi Robert :

Can you tell us what was the hose (description, picture, and/or part number ) you bought from EME ?

I know they have been selling the flexible fuel hose kit for awhile.

And now they also sell the U-Shaped fuel hose.

In my opinion, if the hose they were selling is not up to par ( no fault on EME's part ) they should inform the folks who bought it.

Let me know and I'll post the info on all the forums I frequent.

Thanks.

EME Flexible Fuel Hose Kit

EME U-shaped fuel hose

Edited by GroceryRun

I have a similar "good service" story today and will add it here as another lesson for all of us.

I have an old shop forklift and work by myself, fix my own stuff lots of the time but sometimes call in the expert technician if I'm busy or uncertain. Wanted to have a Service Manual on hand for whoever does the work. Impossible to find on the street and told by a "preferred service dealer" that I can have a 20 year old 50 page manual for $600 !!

When wave of disbelief cleared I emailed Customer Service for the lift manufacturer to see if legit and if this was indeed how they choose to take care of their cherished customers. Auto email response says they valued my inquiry and will get back to me in 24 hours. 96 hours later I'm a bit steamed and feeling overrun by the big guys - so I send another email to same Customer Service expressing my disappointment. Two (2) hours later I get a phone call from the Western Canada sales rep apologizing for my treatment with a plan to get me what I have been wanting. He faced up to a dissatisfied customer directly, without excuses, let me rant a couple of minutes and then addressed the underlying issue. I'm left with 3 direct email / phone contacts if I have further difficulties.

Edited by TimberGuy

I'm assuming (hoping) this just applies to the recent supply of the flexible hose. I used that kit to replace the in-tank lines on my RT about three years and over 10K miles ago. So far, no issues.

I emailed EME yesterday as I had installed a new fuel pump and their EnduraLast flexible hose kit a year ago. I got a prompt reply that the issue had to do with the U shaped hose that they sell now and that it was a bad shipment received earlier this year. They believe that they have worked through the problem and all is fine now. So no issue with the Enduralast hoses.

I've been using EME for over 10 years and have always had great service at good prices. I have no affiliation with the company. Just a satisfied customer.

I emailed EME yesterday as I had installed a new fuel pump and their EnduraLast flexible hose kit a year ago. I got a prompt reply that the issue had to do with the U shaped hose that they sell now and that it was a bad shipment received earlier this year. They believe that they have worked through the problem and all is fine now. So no issue with the Enduralast hoses.

I've been using EME for over 10 years and have always had great service at good prices. I have no affiliation with the company. Just a satisfied customer.

+1 for Lori at EME!!